Chapter 4

Maura Pov

     I had a lot going on at home right now. I felt bad leaving Jane with Ellen who has become completely unmanageable. We both loved her very much but we missed the loving and polite girl she used to be. I was having a good time in Boston though.    
     Everyone liked Kate which was good. Thea loved Kate. Thea likes everyone though.
     "Hey Mom, can Luke take me out to the mall with Thea?" The eleven year old came up to me.
"Yeah sweetie you can. Here is some money." I handed her some cash to spend and she smiled.
"Thanks Mom!"
I smiled as I watched her jog back over to Dorthea. Ellen used to be like that. I went inside Hannah's house. She was making us lunch.
     "How's Ellen been? I heard she isn't exactly up to Rizzoli-Isles standards these days." She sat down after handing me a glass of wine.
    "Well, she is out of control and we don't know how to help her." Usually science could back me up on problems but this wasn't something that I could solve.
"What's she been up to?" Hannah took a sip from her cup.
"Drinking, smoking, beating kids up." I sighed and Hannah's eyes went wide and I nodded.
"I'm ashamed that she ended up like that and Jane is too. How does her doing that make us look? She really wants to come up here and visit but we don't let her do things she wants to do when she gets in trouble. She's suspended from school right now. I just got off the phone with her." I sighed.
     "You should put her through counseling is my suggestion." Hannah looked at me but I shook my head.
"I've thought about that but she hates Jane and I right now and I feel like she will hate us even more. But studies do show thst even the most troubled children can find help."
"I would definitely look into it. If Thea changed the way she is now to something like Ellen, I would do it in an instant."
     I nodded at Hannah's advice and we ate our lunch peacefully. Kate was out with Frankie Rizzoli. It was pretty obvious Frankie liked her but she declined it. I was just glad that Kate was well liked. I was starting to miss Jane though
...
Jane Pov

     After Ellen stormed off to her room, I put my paper work down and called Maura.
"Hey Jane."
"Hey Babygirl. How are you?"
"About to eat our daughter's head off. She just asked me about going to a party and I said no and she got all angry at me." I took a deep breath.
"Hannah suggested we enroll in some sort of counselling." Maura said.
"She's going to hate us even more but we could try it." I was willing to try anything at this point.
"I've only been here for two days Jane and I miss you already." Maura laughed sadly.
     "I miss you too. You are only staying for two more days anyway. You'll be home soon. How is Kate?"
Maura laughed again.
"Well your brother certainly took a liking to her. She's out with him right now."
I groaned.
"Oh dear god. Please help me. Actually help my brother. What if they start dating or he moves out by us!?"
Maura continued to laugh.
"Kate seems content the way she is. I wouldn't worry about it Tootsie."
"Fine. I have Ellen to worry about anyways. I'm seriously concerned."
     "I am too Jane. I am too." Maura sighed.
"Well I better go check on Ellen. Do you want to stay on the line?"
"Yeah, might as well."
I walked to Ellen's room and nearly started to yell at her again. Which I basically ended up doing. She had taken some of my beers and was drinking them.
     "Ellen dammit!" I grumbled at her as I took the bottle away and confiscated the rest.
"Fuck you Ma." Ellen rolled her eyes at me again.
"Actually Ellen, you are the one who is going to be fucked when you do one of your fucking little habits. Whether it be underage drinking or beating someone up. It's going to catch up to you. And I'm not going to be sorry for you. Here. You can talk to your mom now.
     Ellen took the phone from me. And started talking to Maura.