Chapter 24

Jane Pov

     I was surprised to see Sadie show up today but I didn't mind. Ellen was furious at Melony and she seemed to really enjoy Sadie's company.
     Maura and I were back in our room. She was sitting on the bed while reading some book. The blonde caught me looking and the corners of her mouth twitched upward.
     "What are you smiling about?" I gingerly asked.
     She looked up at me and smiled again, before going back to her book. I crawled on the bed, over to her and kissed her soft lips.
     "You know Jane, there's a lot of reasons I could be smiling." She babbled on in a whisper before I cut her off with another kiss.
     "...That could be another reason." She mumbled before putting her book down.
     I scooted off of her and layed down, with the morning sun still shining through the windows.
     "Do you have nightmares?" I suddenly asked Maura and looked at her. After all of the horrid things that she had gone through, I would wake up, with her thrashing about. It didn't happen anymore, but I still wondered about her mental stability. There were things I always avoided with her when we did anything together, intimately.
     I never bound her hands or legs by holding them down, and I never forced anything on her. I was always afraid it would trigger something and she would do something horrid, like cut her wrists again.
     "About what happened to me?" She continued to look at me and I nodded.
     "I used too, it's something I had to accept eventually. I only had nightmares when you would wake me up from them. Those were the only one's I had." She answered and I nodded again.
     "I'm worried about Ellen. She was raped by her father when she was very young. Did she mention this to you by any chance?" Maura asked me and I shook my head.
     Ellen had a rough start, she's been through a lot already. It wouldn't surprise me if something from her childhood came up.
     "She goes back to school on Monday. What if someone mentions something and she beats someone up?" I looked at Maura and she pressed her lips together while she was in thought.
     "I honestly don't know Jane. I think that she will be okay. I'm guessing you noticed that old Ellen was back?" Maura formed a small smile and I nodded.
     "That Sadie girl has some sort of magic wand I guess." I laughed softly.
     I allowed myself to stand up and kiss Maura's forehead before going to check on Sadie and Ellen.
     As I stepped out in the hallway, it was oddly quiet in the house. The girls must've gone to sleep or something.
     I opened the door to Ellen's bedroom and it was like deja vu.
     Ellen had her arms wrapped around Sadie as they slept. It resembled a lot of Maura and I. I smiled briefly, before going back into the kitchen to get some food for myself.