Chapter 13

Ellen Pov
     Sadie didn't have tonight off, as Eric had called her and told her to go to work tonight. I on the other hand was off.
     "You sure you don't want me to go with you?" I worriedly asked Sadie and she shook her head.
     "No, I'll call you if I need you. Maybe we could go out though tomorrow?" She smiled hopefully. Was she asking me on a date? I mean I think I have feelings for her but I don't know because I've never loved a girl.
I thought about it for a second before smiling.
     "It's a date." I winked and she laughed quietly before continuing to curl her hair in its high ponytail.
     "You never told me where you were from." I mentioned to the blonde and she looked at me.
"Delaware."
     My eyes widened. She lived decently close to me.
     "I live in D.C. which is in Maryland. We are pretty close."
She nodded.
     "I really want to talk to my Mom." Sadie sighed.
I frowned and asked, "Then call one of them. What do you call them?"
     Sadie smiled, "Mom and Ma."
I laughed before saying, "I call my parents that too!"
     This girl brought the old Ellen back out of me and I liked it. She finished doing her hair and she started doing her makeup.
     "I wonder if they are worried." The blonde said while putting on false eyelashes.
I tilted my head and said,
"I'm sure they are. Any parent would."
     I did my best to reassure her.
She looked at me and cocked her head as if she was thinking.
After a moment she spoke and said, "I am trying to prove myself I guess."
     I could relate to that. I pulled out a cigarette, thinking about how Ma would be taking it away from me. I lit it and inhaled the smoke, smirking devilishly as I thought about how much I was enjoying the nicotine.
     "Sadie do you want a smoke?" I looked over at her again and she shook her head.
     I continued to inhale the poison and immediately thought of Ma again.
     "Do you think I should turn my regular phone on? To see if they left messages?" I asked my friend and she shrugged before saying,
     "You can if you want. Just be careful."
I took a deep breath and turned my phone on.

34 missed calls from Ma

14 missed calls from Mom

3 missed calls from Leah

5 new voicemails

     I looked at my screen for a moment and going into the voicemails. The first one was from Ma obviously. I could hear she was upset. She wasn't crying but more distressed. I listened to the next few and couldn't listen after the third one. Ma was breaking down in them. I immediately felt guilty and turned my phone off before something happened.
     "You'll be okay. I'm not worried. I'm off to work now. I'll call you later."
     On nights we worked, we had to be there a few hours early for some reason. Sadie started out the door but I chased her and quickly said, "Let me drive you so you don't have to walk."
     There was very little space between us and I half expected to kiss her but she pulled away and winked which left me confused.
     The car ride wasn't that long but long enough to sense the tension. I pulled up to the strip club and before she got out, Sadie looked at me and quickly locked lips. It was the best experience I've ever had.
     I was kinda disappointed when she quickly said bye and briskly got out of the car.
...
Jane Pov

     Maura was being extremely supportive with me. I knew she was extremely worried about Ellen as well. I woke up from sleeping a little bit and wished that Maura was next to me. I really wanted to hold her.
     Sometimes if she listens carefully she'll here me.
     "Maura." I called for my wife. I called for her in a normal tone and sure enough I heard footsteps approaching.
      The door opened and she came in with a warm smile.
     "Hi Tootsie, how are you doing? Sleep well?" She sat on the bed, next to where I was laying.
     "I'm okay. Feeling a little better I guess. I'm finally hungry. What time is it?" I asked the honey blonde and she gestured toward the window as it was starting to get dark.
     "Nine at night." She responded. I looked at her and scooted over before reaching up for her hips and dragging her on the bed with me.
     "Jane!" She laughed while falling on top of me. I laughed with her and flipped her on her back before crashing my lips onto hers.
     We were giggling and I separated from her and layed next to her on my side. It was the happiest I felt in the past few days.
     "Wanna go for a walk? There's a deli we can get food for you if you'd like. I fed Leah already. She went to bed." Maura layed on her side to face me. Her eyes sparkled as she gazed upon me and I smiled.
     "Yeah. That'd be nice." I sat up and stretched before standing to put my shoes on.
     "Let me just check on Leah. I didn't get to say goodnight." I told Maura and she nodded. I walked out of the room and went into Leah's room. I watched her sleep for a moment before leaning over to kiss her temple.
     She woke up a little and smiled slightly at me.
     "Hey Ma." Her voice was groggy from sleep.
     "Hi sweetie. Mom and I are just going for a walk. We are locking the doors for you. We will be back in a little while." I smiled at her, as she nodded and went back to sleep.