Chapter 10

Ellen Pov

     I was a little nervous about meeting this man today. I walked into the the café he wanted me to meet him at and sat down. I really wanted to turn on my phone but couldn't.
     I wonder if Ma and Mom were worried. Ma was to angry with me to be worried. I hated her. I tried to get their faces out of my head as a man is his mid twenties sat across from me.
     "Are you Ellen?" He raised his eyebrows and I nodded.
     "This job is pretty simple. Just do what your clients ask you to do and we split the profit." I nodded again as he handed me a new phone.
     "This is your new phone. When I call you must answer or I turn into one of your clients. If you aren't pleasing than you are going to feel it. Understand?"
     His voice was stern with a hint of an evil sounding tone.
     "Yes." I responded and took the phone.
He stood up.
     "Your name is Breeze now. Understand?"
     I nodded again and he left. On the calender of the phone was the strip club times that I would be working at. Seemed easy enough. I just has to get some lingerie that was risky and slutty looking. As Mom would call it, "Skanky". I smiled at the thought and then quickly realizing I wasn't to talk to them.
     I was still angry at Ma. I wasn't a little girl anymore. I took the little bit of money I had left and went to buy a sex outfit.
     I cringed at the thought of what I had to wear. Did my name have to do with what I was supposed to wear? Breeze.  
    Maybe if I go for sky blue leather something. That was what I was going to try to get. I found a lingerie store and my eyes widened when I walked in. It was pretty skanky looking stuff.
     I wondered if Ma or Mom ever wore this kind of getup. I found a black and blue leather thing that I bought after I tried it on. I looked like a real life whore in it. I used most of the little money I had left and was hoping to make some cash tonight.
     I went back to the hotel and ate some of the hotel food included in my stay. I decided to see what else was on my new phone.
     There was only one contact, which was his. I made sure to keep the ringer on I didn't want to get punished for something I didn't mean to do. The phone itself was pretty plain. Average iphone. I heard it ring and immediately answered.
     "Hello?" I quickly said.
It was Eric, my 'pimp', on the phone.
     "Breeze, glad to know you listened to my rules. Don't be late for work tonight." He laughed.
     "Okay." I hung up and sighed. I layed down for a little bit and set an alarm so I wouldn't miss my shift.
...
Jane Pov

     After I got up and showered I felt a little bit better. It was odd for someone like me to be so distressed.
    I made Leah breakfast and she knew that Ellen was missing and had a look of worry in her eyes.
    "Ma, is Ellen going to come home? I tried calling her last night on my cell but it went to voicemail."
     Leah looked at me before taking a bite of her food. I smiled gently at her and kissed her head.
    "She'll be home soon. Don't worry." I tried reassuring her but she wasn't falling for it, and I sighed.
     I felt Maura's hands on my shoulders slide so that her arms were around my neck from behind.
     "She'll be home." She briefly whispered and smiled sadly at Leah before going back to our room to get ready for the day.