Chapter 14

Maura Pov

     Jane and I had walked down to the deli and I bought her something to eat. Even though it was late, I didn't mind sitting outside on the curb. I was holding onto her arm so that I was almost linked to her.
     "I'm happy that you are eating a little bit." I said quietly to the dark haired woman.
     "Yeah. I guess I just finally needed to eat." Jane paused and sighed.
"What if Ellen is hungry?" She looked at her food and wrapped it back up. I leaned my head on her shoulder.
"Tootsie, if she needed help, she would call." I reassured Jane and she stayed silent. She at least ate half of the sandwhich. I stood up and pulled her up so that we could walk back. I kept my head leaned on her shoulder.
     "Can we go back into our room?" Jane asked and I nodded. We probably were going to be talking for a while because she was napping for a while. There was no way she was tired.
     I took Jane's hand as we quietly entered back in our house, careful not to wake Leah.
We took our shoes off and layed on the bed after putting on pajamas.
"Jane, it's not healthy to-" I started to say something about how she should try to think of something else but was cut off my her glare.
"Sorry." I whispered and she shook her head.
"It's fine Maur." She closed her eyes as if to shut the world out.
     "Maura, it's been almost four days." Her voice was wavering again and it was quiet.
I searched through her dark eyes and then responded, "I know." W
     We continued to just enjoy eachother's company before finally falling asleep.
...
Ellen Pov

     I got a text around 1:30 am from Sadie. I was waiting up for her which was till 2 am. I needed to go pick her up soon.

Ellen, I accidentally didn't answer Eric's call and now I have to go to his house. I'm really scared.

Do you want me to come get you? I don't want you getting hurt, Sadie.

What if he hurts you?

I can handle it. I'm coming to get you.

     I locked my phone and went to get Sadie. I pulled in and soon saw a body on the sidewalk.

Shit. No.

I jumped out of the car and ran over. Sure enough, it was Sadie.
    "No! C'mon Sadie. Don't do this to me!" I whimpered and started to cry. The bottom half of her outfit was missing and I picked her small body up and placed her in the back of my car.
     I had a random pair of sweats that I found in my trunk and put on her. I checked for a pulse and sure enough, she had one. I took a breath of relief.
     "Coming to the rescue Breeze?" Eric came out of a dark building and I froze.
"Well yes actually. I am." I raised my eyebrows and stood up for myself.
     He came up to me and slammed me against the car. Feeling me up in the process. It was a dark street and no one was around.
     "Well now I guess you are going to have to pay, since your little friend used you to get out of coming to see me." He punched me in the face and ripped my pants and panties down for his own sexual pleasure.
     I didn't scream. I winced as he violently tore into my body, and holding me against the car as he was doing so. I refused to cry. When I accidentally let out a whimper, immediately a blow to my breasts overwhelmed my entire body.
     When he finally finished, I was near tears but had to stay strong for Sadie who I needed to take to a hospital. He smacked my face one last time before walking away. I pulled my bottoms back up, continuing to hold back tears.
    I painfully got back in my car and drove to the nearest hospital.
     "Hang in there Sadie." I muttered hopefully as I took out a cigerette. I wanted to cry but couldn't.
     My body was throbbing but I sucked it up and carried Sadie into the hospital, where they quickly took her into ICU after I explained what happened.
     I sat in the waiting room trying to go over in my head what just happened. I stood up and found a bathroom to lift my shirt up to see how bad the bruising was.
     I looked awful and started to cry in the bathroom.