Where it all happened (Prologue)

WARNING: THIS STORY HAS GRAPHIC VIOLENCE AND EXPLICIT SCENES AND LANGUAGE THROUGHOUT. This story has child abuse in certain scenes and if you are offended by this type of story please find something a lot happier to read.

Song of the Chapter Breezeblocks by Alt-J

Lone cottage in the woods during the harsh winter the only sign of life in the cottage is the smoke billowing out of the chimney and the light that seep through the holes in the curtains and the cracks in the walls. Snow covered the ground the wind effortless controls the current of where the snowflakes fall. The wind howls throughout the forest full of trees who lost their leaves, their branches now take the shape of tendrils of a monster rising from the Earth.

But inside lies a secret, a monstrous love between a mother and daughter that manifested throughout the centuries.

In the basement of that cottage lies one of the greatest mysteries the cosmos has ever seen. Kept in the dark held against her will, with thorn filled vines covering her body is where the daughter who was captured not too long ago resides. Unconscious still, if she were awake she would unleash the fury on her mother that has consumed her over the years.

The mother, however, has a plan to keep her for as long she wishes. She fills in the upstairs bathroom with liquid of the damned forgotten ones. The waters of Lethe, one of the sevens rivers of the Underworld, those who bathe in its waters forget their life. Their past, present, and any possible future; they lose all worth that had amounted in their life.

She has a plan to keep her daughter for a very long time. Persephone spent most of her young life going to the extremes to receive affection. Since day one Demeter despised her daughter, the product of rape, but then again how can you ask someone to love you when they can't even love themselves. Long ago Persephone moved on, found a nurturing woman to take care of her, soon Demeter was just a haunting memory.

Down in the basement lays her unconscious body only fate knows how it got there, and the pain it went through before hand. The door that leads to the basement opened light shone through highlighting the scene just beyond the stairs. Persephone's body ripped apart and broken. The bones in her ribs shone through the flesh making it easier to tell the broken one and the curve would end by either piercing through the flesh or curving inwards to protrude into the organs, blood dripping out of those wounds as if it were a leaking faucet dripping constantly. A deep gash ran on her shin revealing stringy tendons and bone as the flesh dangles refusing to let go. Her bare back had rips and cuts throughout some light some deep to where the thorn lodged itself there. She has infections since none of her wounds have been treated. Yellow foaming puss covers the blood and scabs. The scabs make her skin have black and purple bumps with white pus at the top of each one some even with blood oozing out mixing with the pus. Demeter walks down the wooden stairway each thump from her step echoed throughout the room, by the time she reached the third step she flipped on a light switch illuminated the room. A gray and cracked boiler stood in the corner with gray and metallic silver pipes that connected it to the ceiling covered in rust and cobwebs. Peeling beige paint revealing rotting wood behind the paint, holes in the wood planks for where the bugs in the could live and prosper. Chunks of wood fell to the floor. Ash gray linoleum floor covered in blood stains in a range of hues from gold, crimson red, to brown . Bloody hand prints decorate the wall and the floor, claw marks, and scratches scarred the floor and walls. Black vines covered in fuzz and brown withered thorns gathered at the ceiling some even wrapping itself around the pipes even on each other but each end was lodged or constantly scraping itself on her daughter.

She will not be awake for awhile now is the time, Demeter thought as her gaze drifted across her daughter's body. With a wave of her hand, the thorn-covered vines released Persephone's body unlatching themselves. Her body fully lay on the floor Demeter looming over Persephone's body and pressing two fingers on Persephone's neck. She's alive good. Smiling to herself, Demeter began grabbing a clump of her daughter's short hair yanking it upwards, She is as light as a feather for all that is left is ripped skin and broken bones.