Home Sweet Home

"Elles! Wake up hunny, we're here!" Mom says jiggling my leg with her hand.

I groan asking for simply five more minutes. But when I open my eyes I can't believe the sight. Our house is freaking huge!

Dad can see my jaw drop and explains:
"See at first I wasn't gonna take the job. You know I was happy working with the team at Appleby College, so they tried to change my mind by throwing in crazy expenses. Therefore...this is our house...that we didn't pay for, but no one needs to know that." He says winking at me as I get out of the black jeep.

I grab my backpack and stand there in awe, looking at this masterpiece of a house. It's not just huge, it's absolutely stunning. The stonework looks perfect with the dark blue colour of the house, and the front yard is big enough to fit a whole hockey rink on it...including the stands! I know mom is happy with this house, she'll have so much fun in the garden.

I walk up to the front door and place my hand on the door knob, even it is mesmerizing. When I walk in, my breath catches once again. The interior of the house is just like the exterior, absolutely stunning. To my left is the stairs that lead to the second floor, to my right is the living room that would look so plain since there's no furniture yet, except for the stone work of a giant fire place. I continue walking down the front hall and find a door that leads to the basement. I quickly descend the stairs to find a wide open space with a large bathroom, another giant stone fireplace and what looks to be a walk-in closet.

Confused, I start walking over to the stairs just as my parents come flying down them.

"So do you like the house, Pook?" My dad asks, using the nickname he's called me ever since I can remember.

"I haven't finished looking around the first and second floor, but so far...hell yeah! It's beautiful!" I respond smiling ear to ear.
I continue, "So is this gonna be like another family room or somethin'?" I ask gesturing to the basement area.

"So we were thinking that this could be yours, actually." My mom says, staring at me for my reaction.

I smile so big my face aches. "Are you serious? Oh my god thank you!!! This is incredible!" I say grabbing them both in for a hug.

After I finish looking around the rest of the house, that has stone detailing every now and then, I head out to the moving truck and start to bring my things into my new room. Thankfully it's only about 1:30 in the afternoon, so we have all day to set up our new home.

By 9:30 my room looks good enough, I'll finish touching it up tomorrow. I go to my walk in closet and smile at myself in the mirror. This will be a good place, I can feel it. I look at my ugly bun of brown mess that has somehow stayed in for the whole day. I then stare at my baby blue eyes and round face. My light skin, now tanned from that crazy trip to the beach with O and Tris, seems to sparkle. I think it's all in my imagination though. It's just me telling myself that this is good and that I should, and deserve to be, happy.

I throw on a pair of Nike running shorts, my soccer sweatshirt and some Nike elite socks. I slowly walk up the stairs, finally realizing how exhausted I am. I find mom and dad sitting on the couch together, watching the newly set-up tv. I go to the fridge and take the last apple juice box. I then kiss mom and dad on the forehead thanking them and telling them how much I love them.

I practically fall down the stairs just before landing on my queen size bed. I gulp down my juice box, take my hair out of my so-called bun, and let my heavy eyes finally shut.