Part 21

At the end of the school day Gabby headed towards the detention room. All she could think about was those two people taking her friends by their shirts and dragging them to the fountain and dunking them when she wouldn't be there to see.

"Take your seats please."the teacher said

Gabby took her seat and so did the rest of the class.

--------- --------

Detention was finally over and Gabby went out to the car to meet Alex and Zoey after telling her mom she would be late getting home.

She hopped in the car."What are we waiting for?"

"We were waiting on you."Alex joked

"Haha real funny."Gabby replied

As they drove down the road they blared the radio.

They listened to multiple songs including "Find You" by Zedd.

Silent love is calling faith to shatter me through your hallways into echoes you can feel and rehearse the way you heal make them dance just like you 'cause you make me mooovve yeah you always make me go I'll run away with your footsteps I'll build a city that dreams for two and if you lose yourself I will find you...

And they kept singing until they got to the fountain.

"We're here."Alex told them

Gabby didn't recognize the place but she got out of the car anyway.

"Come on guys the faster we get here the faster we get to leave."Gabby said

They walked to the fountain and they saw them. Gabby turned to look at Zoey and Alex and they looked nervous and scared so she stopped.

"Are y'all okay?"she asked

"I'm fine."Alex answered

"Yeah yeah let's go."Zoey replied

They finally made it to the fountain and Alex still shuddered at the memories of it.

"You're late."Joey said

"I had detention."Gabby replied

"Oh I'm sorry about that."Stacy told her

"I'm not."

"What was that?"Stacy asked harshly

"I said that I'm not."Gabby said

"Gabby calm down you don't want to make them mad."Alex whispered to her

"I'm fine I will be fine."she replied

"So what exactly are we doing here?"Zoey asked

"We wanted to talk to y'all."Joey answered

The three of them looked at each other for a moment.

"What about?"Alex finally spoke out loud

"Last year."

Alex sat down on the edge of he fountain realizing after that it probably wasn't a good idea. He decided to stand back up remembering that they can easily dunk his friends.

"What about last year?"Alex asked

"How we dunked you and everything."Stacy explained

"What about it?"Alex asked

"What do you mean what about it?"Joey said

"Look I've put that in the past and I've forgotten about it. The only reason I'm here is to protect my friends from you and stopping you from doing what you did to me to them. I could never live with myself if something happened to them while I was watching."

"Aw Alex turned into a softy."Joey said

"I'm not a softy if anything I'm stronger and have been since that day. I'm the only person in our school who has the guts to stand up to you even after what y'all did to me last year. I'm not afraid anymore. I will protect my friends from you and from anyone else who is just like you."Alex explained"come on guys lets go please."

"Yeah."Gabby said dragging Zoey's arm

"I'm sorry."Zoey told Alex

"It's fine you didn't know."he replied

"Not about that about making y'all go there I mean I'm sorry about that too."she said

"It's fine."

"Let's go get something to eat."Gabby said reaching for the radio

"Where at?"Alex asked since he's the driver

"Dairy Queen."Zoey said

When they got to Dairy Queen they gave their orders and found a seat. They talked until their order number was called.

"Order number 142."the waitress called

Alex went and got the food because he was a gentleman. And they ate and talked for the next hour and then went to drop Zoey off.

"Bye."Zoey yelled back to them

They drove to their home.

"Good bye. I love you."Alex told Gabby

"Good bye I love you too."she replied

And they went to their houses not worried about what might happen tomorrow.