Chapter 2

Living in the Brooklyn Asylum for Criminals isn't as bad as you think it would be. It's a pretty big place with only 20 patients. All of them are under the age of 18. The youngest patient in the asylum is 8 years old, the nurses said she killed her family. The rest of the patients were around 14-17 years old.
I have a pretty simple routine. Everyday at a round 8 o'clock the nurses bring me my breakfast and my pills. Then at 10 o'clock they send me to a huge living room with the rest of the patients. The living room is really big, and it's pretty dull. They have some really comfy chairs and sofas. However there are only 2 small TVs, one of them doesn't even work and the other one is always on the channel 5 news. There is also a huge shelf of books in the living room, but unfortunately they're all about medicine and the human brain. The only thing I really like about the living room is the piano. Anyway I stay in the huge living room until its time for lunch, then after lunch we have group therapy which is usually divided into 2 groups. In our groups we talk about our feelings and boring stuff like that. Then after group therapy we have an hour left to do whatever we want before we get locked back in our cell. Then around 6 we get dinner, in our cell.

Like I said it's a simple routine but it gets boring and lonely. All the other patients are insane but what could I expect.

Anyway here I am now... alone. I'm sitting in a nice comfy chair in the living room watching everyone. I saw how some of the patients were talking to themselves, some were banning their heads against the wall, and others were just watching Tv.
Suddenly we heard a huge bang on the door. All of the patients stopped what they were doing and looked at where the noise was coming from.
Then the doors burst open, a teenager walked through the door. He was tall and he had black messy hair. I couldn't see his face because his hair was covering it.
Suddenly we heard the whistle. When the nurse blows the whistle it means it's time for lunch. I got up from my chair and walked to the cafeteria. They were serving hamburgers and fries today. I grabbed my tray and sat down in the corner of the cafeteria. I ate my lunch alone like I always do.
While eating my lunch I heard 2 of the nurses talking to each other.

"Did you see our new patient?" One of the nurses asked

"I did! What happened to his face? He looks hideous!" The other nurse said. I'm pretty sure her name is Nancy.

"I have no idea! All I know is that he came in last night" The other Nurse responded

I became very curious. What did this new guy look like? Was his face that bad.

****Time Skip*****

After lunch we were separated into our therapy groups.
I was in Dr. Kyle's group. Dr. Kyle was a sweet old man, nothing seemed to bother him. He told us to sit in a circle.

"Alright children, we have a new patient today his name is Jeffrey Woods. Lets make him feel welcomed." Dr. Kyle said

I was sitting across from this Jeffery Woods guy. I was trying to get a good look at his face but I couldn't see cause his raven hair was in the way.

"Jeffery, tell us a little bit about yourself" The doctor suggested

"Well for starters Doc I hate being called Jeffery" He growled
He had a deep raspy voice.

"Ok, well what do you like to be called?"

"Jeff" he mumbled

The doctor tapped his pen on his clipboard "Okay, tell us why you're here Jeff?"

He started laughing, it was a creepy insane laugh that echoed throughout the room.
He moved his hair out of his face. Everyone in the group gasped. He had a smiled carved into his pale cheeks just like the Joker, and his eyes they never seemed to close.

"I'm here to make all your shitty lives more miserable than they already are" he chuckled

"Shut the fuck up Ronald McDonald!" Thomas said

Thomas, also known as Knuckles, was the strongest guy at the asylum. He was very tall and muscular. Knuckles is 17 years old and he managed to murder 5 children and 15 adults using only his hands. Knuckles convinced the judge that he was mentally insane.

Jeff cracked his knuckles and growled.

"I bet you anything that your mom sent you here cause she didn't want you to play with her make-up. I mean those scars can't possibly be really" Knuckles snapped

Jeff started to laugh "My mom is dead. I killed her, and many others, and I would just love to see your blood splatter all over this lovely white floor."

"Can everyone please calm down!" the doctor yelled.
Everyone stayed silent. "We will continue tomorrow" The doctor finally said.

Everyone got up and walked their separate ways.
Jeff walked away and went into the kitchen. I got even more curious. I followed him into the kitchen without him noticing.
He got a knife from one of the cabinets and he hid it in his pocket. I tried going back into the living room but I accidentally knocked over some pots and pans. They made a loud BANG! BANG!

I got up and made my way to the door but a low raspy voice stopped me.
"Curiosity killed the cat"

I froze. I was terrified, I knew that this new guy could slit my throat open at any moment.

"What's wrong kitty? Are you scared?" he asked

"Y-you know you could get in trouble for taking that knife. They check everyone before they put us back in our cell" I stammered

"Why do you care if I get in trouble?" he asked

"I-I-I d-don't know" I stuttered

He got closer to me and cut my cheek. My cheek began to sting, I felt blood running down my cheek.

"Get lost kitten" he snarled and left

I grabbed some napkins and pressed them against my injured cheek. I walked back into the living room to see that everyone was in a line getting ready to get checked by the security guards.
I stood in line behind Jeff.

"Y/n!" one of the nurses came running towards me "what happened to your cheek?"

"I... fell" I said

One of the security guards came up to us and started to check if we had anything.

"Hey what is this!?" the security guard yelled, while holding the knife he found in Jeff's pocket.

"It's your mom's-" Jeff began, but I stopped him.
"I put it in his pocket!" I said

"Why?" the nurse said

"I wanted him to get in trouble because he called me weak" I replied

"You know for every action there is a consequence " the security man said. He grabbed me and threw me into a dark room. I recognized the stuffy room. It was the 'shocking room'.