Chapter 17: Communication Is Key

I woke up at 7 to Andy fully dressed and pacing the room. His hands were in his hair, and he hadn’t noticed I was up. “Andy,” I sat up, “Hun, what’s wrong?”

Andy rubbed his temples, “I- Nothing. I’m just nervous. It’s nothing.” This was really eating away at him.

“Baby, please talk to me,” I put on my robe, tied it, and put my hand on Andy’s shoulder, looking into his eyes, “Baby, you know you can tell me anything. What is it? Is Scout pregnant?” I wouldn’t be mad if she was. I’d just kinda like to know now.

“No, not at all! You don’t have to worry about that! You’re the only girl that’s ever had the chance to get pregnant from me.”

“Okay, then what is it?”

“I’m scared you’re pregnant again.”

“Hun, if I am, that’s fine.”

“No! It’s illegal!”

“Besides, we can’t even find out for a few weeks.”

“I want to do this the RIGHT way! I want to marry you first!!”

“Then we’ll do it this summer. Look, I want to do it right, too, Andy. But if we do it wrong, that’s okay. We’ll always be together, and my parents did it wrong, too.”

“Oh, wow, and look how well that turned out!”

“Hey! If there’s one thing they did right, it was finding who they loved, and raising their children right.”

“First of all, that’s 2 things. And second, they seemed to have fucked up with you. They had no clue you cut yourself, or that you attempted suicide, or got tattoos and piercings.”

“They were busy!”

“So you’re defending them?!?! They fucking disowned you!!!”

“But they LOVED ME!!!!”

“But they disowned you!!”

“Yeah! They did! Because I broke their rules and trust!!”

“Yeah, but if they had raised you better, you wouldn’t have!!!”

“You don’t know that!!!!”

“Really?!?! I’d say it’s pretty much common sense!!!”

“Are you saying I have no common sense?!?!?!?!”

“No! I’m saying that you’re not paying attention to the facts!!”

“So you’re saying I’m ignorant!!!”

“No! I’m just saying that you’re not paying attention!!! Your parents disowned you! But you’re defending them!! They never realized you cut yourself and tried to kill yourself, they never noticed your piercings and tattoos, your dad tried to kill me TWICE, and they fucking DISOWNED YOU!!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF GOOD  PARENTS DO THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!”

“Get out.”

“What?!?”

“You heard me. Get out.”

“But-”

“No. Get out.”

“Dammit! Ari-!”

“Get the fuck-”

“What’s going on in here?!?” Jinxx appeared in the room, his arms crossed.

“Andy was just leaving,” I stated simply.

“No I wasn’t. She’s crazy.”

“Oh, so I’m CRAZY now, too?!?!?!”

Jinxx sat me on the bed and stood between Andy and me, “What’s REALLY going on?”

I threw a lot of attitude, “Andy’s afraid I’m pregnant.”

‘WHAT?!?! But you just had a miscarriage!”

“Yeah! He thinks that I’m already pregnant from last night. I mean, seriously?!?”

Jinxx looked at Andy, “Well you can’t know for sure until a few weeks from now...”

“That’s what I said!! Then he was all like, ‘but it’s illegal for us to have sex’ and stuff.”

Andy defended himself, “And I said that I want to do this RIGHT!!! I want to be married BEFORE we have a kid!!!!”

I fought back, “Then he kept going off on how my parents were SHIT parents!!”

“BECAUSE THEY DISOWNED YOU AND NEVER KNEW WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

“STOP IT!!! JUST STOP IT!!!!! PARENTS AREN’T PERFECT!!!”

“Just face it! You’re such a Daddy’s Girl that you’re heartbroken they disowned you!”

I started crying now, and Jinxx was standing there, wide-eyed. “Well,” he started, “Um... I think you 2 have a lot to talk about...”

“There’s nothing to talk about. Andy is leaving.”

“No I’m not!” Andy was such a hardheaded jackass sometimes!

Jinxx sighed, “Well Sammi and I have to go shopping. We’ll be back in a few hours.” Jinxx left the room, and we soon heard the front door shut.

I glared at Andy, who said, “I’m gonna go take a fucking shower.”

“Good. I’m getting dressed. I have school.” Andy took his shirt off while I texted Bobby, asking him to call me in sick. He did, and I started thinking.

“You know what, Andy? We need to fucking talk this out.”

“Why? So we can fight more?”

“We need to communicate.”

“Fine! Communicating: your parents are assholes!!!”

“FINE!!! BUT I DON’T GIVE A FUCK IF IT’S ILLEGAL FOR US TO HAVE SEX!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF WE GET A KID, THEN WE LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKES AND TEACH IT BETTER!!!!!!!”

“BUT I WANT TO FUCKING DO THIS THE RIGHT  WAY!!!!”

“WELL FUCK YOU!!!!! YOU CAN GO TO HELL!!!!!!!” That was when my lips crashed to Andy’s. I hadn't planned on the fight turning into this. Not this time. Andy was kissing me back, but his movements were rough with anger. 

After what seemed like forever, I thought I heard a door open, so Andy and I shut up. We still did waht we were doing before, but silently. Out of nowhere, one side of the bed curtains opened.

“HOLY SHIT-FUCK!!!!!”

My eyes grew from terror as Andy and I threw blankets over ourselves. ”Well!” Jinxx was shocked as hell, “I was GONNA set your laundry up here...”

“Um......” I was REALLY embarrassed, “Hi, Jinxxy... Um... I kinda stayed home... ‘Cuz Andy and I needed to talk this out......”

“I can see that!! Um... Well...... I’ll leave you 2 alone...” Jinxx left, obviously feeling awkward. I giggled, blushing, and kissed Andy softly, “I think everything’s okay now...”

“Yeah, I think so too...”

I smiled and got dressed. Andy went to go take a shower and I put the clean clothes away.

When Andy came back in the room, dressed, I said, “So... If I am  pregnant again...”

“I want to keep it. If we’re gonna have a baby, I want to keep it and start this family...”

“Family...” I smiled, tears in my eyes, “I like the sound of that......”