"Look at what you've done to her!" Terry yelled, trying to wriggle out of Mickey's hold. "You turned her into a murderer!"

Jamie's head whipped up as he glared at Terry with his one eye. He grabbed Terry by the hair and pounded punch after punch, focusing on his right eye. By the time he was done Mickey let Terry fall to the floor, blood pouring out of his nose and probably his eye as well. Jamie sucked in a deep breath and walked off, taking Emri with him.
Mickey cocked the gun and pointed it at Terry, his arm shaking nervously. Colin's words echoed into his head. You're not a killer, Mickey, you're not a killer.

His eyes caught site of Colin with his peripheral vision. Colin was watching him. Terry was still in pain on the floor. Colin walled towards him and held his hand out, the hand of the arm that wasn't wounded. "Mickey, it's okay. It's okay if you can't because I don't want you to have this burden on your shoulders forever. Let me do it."

Mickey's bottom lip quivered. He knew Colin was right. It was just the way Mickey was. He wouldn't be able to live with knowing that he killed Terry, because it would do something to him. Change him. He will never be able to explain how or why, but he just knows that it will. He tipped the gun into Terry's hand. Then, over the loud shouts and and chaos around them, a loud gunshot erupted. Some of them stopped, turned their heads and stared as Terry's body fell lifeless onto his front. Some people saw it coming. Mickey had tears falling down his face. His eyes were red by the overwhelming state he was in, surrounded by his family while his father lay dead on the ground in front of him. It was in this moment that Mickey wished he hadn't been born. That he didn't have to suffer through pain like this. Sure, he wanted Terry dead since the day he could walk but when it actually happens and you witness it, it doesn't make anything one bit better. If anything Mickey felt more destroyed than before. He hated that his brother had to kill their father. He hated it. He hated everything. Including himself.

He will always blame himself no matter what. It's hard not to. Whatever he's going through, this depression or whatever he's suffered through without help his entire life, it doesn't make him strong. He suffered. He prayed to whomever for help, and he never got it. So he realized he had to live with it forever. Don't look at him and think he's tough because he beats people up, or because he has fucking knuckle tattoos and a bad rep. He's broken. Destroyed. He wants help, needs it. But he never got it and look at the situation he's in now.

"Mickey," Colin said softly, putting the same hand on his brother's shoulder. "Mickey, let's go. It's okay."

Mickey was still crying. He couldn't even stop while Colin seemed to not be affected at all. But that's something the Milkovich family is talented at. Hiding their feelings, keeping straight faces. You'd think they could see right through each other. Mickey looked up at Colin while they walked, and everything seemed to be in slow motion. Colin had an arm around Mickey's shoulders, the other wounded one resting on his chest as the two walked through all the gaping people back into the forest. His face said nothing, but from the angle Mickey was in he could see the pain and the regret in his brother's blue eyes. "It's okay," Colin was saying as they approached the house. "It's gonna be okay, Mickey."

Mickey was leaning against his car with Colin, both sharing a cigarette. Soon the officers poured in with Terry's guys who had handcuffs and scowls on their faces. They sent nasty looks to Colin as the were shoved into cars. One man was especially rough as he struggled to get to Colin but the cops held him back.

"Fucker! You fucking killed him! Your own dad!" The man was shouting, but the cops had him shoved in a car before he could say anything more.

"You know him?" Mickey asked, puffing on the cigarette.

"He's our uncle," Colin replied lowly. Mickey's eyes widened as he looked at Colin. "Fucking hypocrite."

"Jesus," Mickey mumbled, looking back at the car the man was in. "How many brothers did Terry have?"

Colin shrugged, cigarette between his lips. Soon the rest of the Gallagher's and Milkovich's approached Mickey and Colin silently. They were all a little dazed and very exhausted. Larkin was the last to exit the forest and he walked straight to the group by car. Mickey sighed, knowing he must be angry about Terry's death.

Mickey held a hand up. "Look man-"

"No, I'm not mad Mickey," Larkin interrupted with a serious face. He looked at Colin. "You did what you had to do. What was right for your family. I respect that."

There was silence for a minute before Colin spoke. "Thanks."

"Don't mention it," Larkin replied. He nodded to the group before turning around and heading to his car. Mickey let out a long breath and closed his eyes, letting his head hang back while small droplets of rain started to patter.

"Now what?" Lip asked after a comfortable silence. Mickey flicked his cigarette to the ground and opened his eyes as he crushed it with his boot. He caught site of Ian against the hood of the car smoking a cigarette with Mandy.

"Shit," Jamie suddenly exclaimed, springing forward. They all turned their heads just in time to see Jamie make a beeline for Iggy who just exited the ambulance and hugged him tight. The group all followed.

"Hey Iggy," Mickey breathed, pulling his brother into a hug after Jamie finished. "You alright?"

"Way fucking opposite, but I'll get there," Iggy responded with a husky voice. It made Mickey's heart clench, the position his brother was in. But now he was safe, and that mattered. Colin pulled Iggy into a hug that must've been too tight. "Jesus, Colin, I'm all broken bones here. Ease up, man."

Colin laughed and pulled away, tears in his eyes. "Just happy to see you're OK man."

"We all are," Mandy smiled as she lightly hugged Iggy. "Oh and this is Emri. Your new sister."

"Oh great, another one," Iggy snorted sarcastically, smiling at Emri. He held a fist out. "Sup?"

Emri grinned and knocked their fists together. "Just another Monday."

They all chuckled, happy it was finally over.

But then again, as Mickey thought of his stabbing and Maria, he remembered that nothing is ever really over.

-

--

*Yes, there are more chapters. No, the story hasn't finished yet. No, I have not yet decided on a second book.

Would you like a sequel to Fool's Gold when the time comes? Just asking.