14) Engagement Rings and Mood Swings

I was standing in the elevator, utterly anxious to see the new hotel room Marshall rented out for the both of us. It was a small hotel suite we would use only until he had the money and time to settle down and rent out a real place. But that didn't mean I was upset. I was patient and understanding that these things took time. Especially since Marshall's career hadn't exactly taken off yet. The thought of him being a successful superstar wasn't exactly set and stone quite yet.

I looked to my right with a big grin as Marshall stood beside me, facing forward, holding my luggage.

The elevator door finally slid open and we both stepped out, side by side, walking down the hallway.

Once we got to our front door, Marshall set both my bags down against his legs. He then reached into his pocket, fondling around for his keys. When he finally found them, he stuck one in the lock and opened the door for me.

"Ladies first." He picked up both my bags and stepped aside for me.

I smirked at his new found politeness before making my way into the room.

"To think, Marshall Mathers of all people would be using acts of chivalry." I humored while placing both hands on my hips.

"I dunno bout all that," He shrugged while trying to keep a chill composure. "I was just tryna be polite."

I rolled my eyes at his ignorance. "Honey, that's what chivalry means."

"Ohhh. Right, right.." He nodded his head slowly. I couldn't help but laugh.

He then cleared his throat and waited for me to walk in before following from behind.

I breathed in deep, taking a full glimpse at the lovely hotel room. It wasn't exactly the most fanciest thing in the world, but from what I was used to, it was a room fit for a queen.

I noticed the floors were a carpeted beige, similar to my old home on 8 mile. Only these were much nicer and clean. I looked back up and saw a large sliding door that led to a small deck outside. Sadly, the parking lot was our view.

The main area of the place seemed to be the living room area. There was a black leather couch and a matching loveseat beside it. Across from the couch, was a decent sized Panasonic tv that had a VCR set below it on a wooden stand.

I looked to the right of the living room. There was a cute little kitchen area with a breakfast bar separating itself from the living room. Three, thirty inched black stools stood against it.

I walked towards the kitchen. The floor was just a basic white tile, but the rest of the kitchen's style was pretty modern considering the black wooden counters and high end silver fridge.

"Ain't it nice?" I felt Marshall's arms snake around my waist from behind.

"I mean, I know it's just a temporary hotel suite, but it's better than anything I've ever lived in." I said, turning my head back at him. We gave each other a quick kiss then broke apart. I watched him as he lifted off his hat and placed it on the breakfast bar. I jolted back in shock.

"Marshall! Your hair!" I gasped

"What about it?"

"It's-it's blonde!" I placed my hand over my mouth in shock. Was I going crazy?

"Oh, right." He said. while patting it down. "I forgot to tell you, Dre made me dye it." He smirked and picked back up his hat, swinging it around his fingers while taking in my look of complete and utter shock. "You like it?"

"I mean — it's different." I swallowed a little uneasy.

I took in the fact that he was no longer a brunette but it was still hard to sink in. I just wasn't use to this picture. Ever since we were late teens when I met him, Marshall had dark brown hair. That's how it's always been. Now it's gone. It's, it's blonde. Is he even the same person? Oh my gosh.