5) Only 1

Once everyone was all done in the studio, Marshall stormed out without me. By the time I got outside, I watched him from the front of the building as he trudged along the sidewalk, hands in his sweatpants, looking all agitated.

He stopped at the light before having to cross the street, that's when I finally caught up to him.

"Marshall, why are you so mad?" I called out before stepping beside him. Instead of answering my question he just glared at me with a stubborn set on his jaw. I looked down at the cracked sidewalk. Maybe that wasn't the greatest question to ask considering I knew the answer anyways. But it was the first thing that came to mind. I tried again. "Seriously, whatever it is, it's not what you think." Marshall started walking off as soon as the light turned green, leaving me to follow. "Will you just listen to me for a minute?" I laced myself into his arms but he tugged back. I linked my arms into him again. "Babe, come on." Once more he forced me off.

"Just leave me the fuck alone, will you?"

"No." I demanded. "Not until you hear what I have to say." Marshall rolled his eyes and stopped walking.

He leaned up against the wall of a corner store, waiting for me to speak. I mentally wished myself 'good luck' because his lack of posture and shifted weight, showed he was relentless to giving zero shits about anything I was going to say.

I made sure to get all up in his space.

"Ok first of all, when you got mad at Proof for having his arm around me, he wasn't even touching my shoulders. His arms were resting over the couch and they were on both sides of me and Swifty. So that shouldn't have made you upset."

Marshall's eyes looked tired but his tense jaw still gave the impression that he was just as angry as he was a minute ago. I continued to speak anyways.

"And second of all, the reason why you saw Proof and I hugging in the recording room was because he had just finished venting out to me about something personal, so I was just comforting him like a good friend would." Marshall's face was still stuck in the same way which had me growing even more annoyed. "Well, I told you what happened, so what's wrong now? Still mad about me and Proof? Or mad that you didn't actually catch me doing anything wrong--" he leaned over and pulled me into him roughly. There was only a small gap of air separating us.

"How could you say that?" He gritted through his teeth while tugging at the firm grip he had on my arm.

"How could I say what?? I'm not guilty of anything so I don't see how you could possibly be mad." It got silent.

Marshall's eyes were set down, looking at the brick wall we were beside. He was biting his bottom lip and nodding his head up and down ever so slightly, it was a sarcastic way of taking in what I said. He finally broke the silence.

"Are you doing this on purpose?"

My eyes narrowed into slits but I couldn't find myself able to speak.

"I'm serious, I mean, I see the way you walk around in front of my friends..."

"Wh-what are you trying to say? I never--" he cut me off with his overpowering voice.

"You know what I mean." His voice was quiet yet hardened with rage. "The way you dress, the way you move."

"I'm not trying to impress anyone in fact I couldn't give a shit about what your friends think of me." I denied in defense of myself. "Marshall, are you even listening to yourself? How could you say that?" My voice drifted into a slight crack as I began to feel tears build up due to the frustration he was putting me through. I tried my hardest to hold them back.

"Because," he couldn't even form a proper excuse. "Look, can we talk about this at home?" His voice softened and he let go of the grip he had on my arm.

"Only if you promise never to grab me like that again!" I yelled sternly while rubbing my arm. "I mean it." Marshall sighed.

"Aight, aight. I'm sorry. Babe, really, I am."

I shook my head in disbelief and continued walking home just a few steps ahead of him.

We walked back to Proof's place without saying a word or even touching each other.

The house was empty when we got back. Sharonda was out with friends and I'm assuming Proof went out to hang with the rest of Dirty Dozen.

I sat down on the couch and sighed. Marshall sat down beside me and tried pulling me in, but I pushed him off.

"I don't want you touching me. Not after what you said. Not after what you did." My vision was set on the solid wood coffee table that was in front of me. I didn't want to even look in Marshall's direction.

"Baby listen," he started in a gentle tone of voice which already had me feeling more at ease and forgiving. But I immediately snapped out of it and became mad again. I kept my eye contact straight forward, away from Marshall. "Look, I never meant to grab you like that. I don't know what got over me. I promise I'll never hurt you like that again."

"You better not." I warned firmly and an awkward silence came over us.

I sighed. "Why were you so mad anyways? Why'd you think I was trying to seduce your friends?" I shook my head still in disbelief. "I thought you knew me better than that." Even though I wasn't looking I felt Marshall become hurt from that comment, but he deserved it.

"Aight, this isn't easy for me to say but...sometimes it's hard to wrap my brain around the fact that you're mine." I finally decided to look over at him. When I did, his hands instantly slid into his pockets, I think that's a nervous habit of his.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked looking back down at my arms that were crossed over my chest.

"I mean I see it, all the competition that's after you. You're so fucking perfect and sometimes I have trouble believing that I'm your only one. Y'know sometimes it seems like you're trying to flirt with guys but really it's all in my twisted, jealous, head. God, do I get jealous easily." He gave a sarcastic laugh while leaning back into the couch. "My insecurities could fuckin' eat me alive sometimes. And it makes me wonder why you're even with me.." I placed my hand on top of his thigh.

"I'm not perfect. And I'm not looking for another guy. I love you Marshall, flaws and all. You don't have to think this way about our relationship. I mean that's ridiculous." For a second our eyes connected and I got lost in the whole 'feelings department'. Looking into his beautifully blue eyes made me feel like I was happy. I then remembered how false that was, and how mad I still was at him. I hopped off the couch. "Anyways I got work in a half hour." My voice was light and depressing. "Don't wait up for me." I felt Marshall's stare burn through the back of my head as I left. Was I wrong for being so cold? Or was he still deserving of a cold shoulder after handling me so roughly over something so stupid..