1) California Love

Date: October 24th

*Marshall's POV*

It was the morning before the Rap Olympics. A day that was suppose to feel good. But because of yesterday, my life had hit a new low.

With my shitty luck, Tori and I got evicted from our home. We owned nothing. Literally nothing but our clothes, shoes, and whatever the fuck else we even had left after our house kept getting robbed. Proof and Sharonda were nice enough to let us stay at their place until we get the money to rent someplace else for ourselves.

Man do I need that $500. My life is in complete turmoil. This whole Rap Olympics thing is a last chance moment for me really.
***
Once I packed my clothes into a book bag I decided to go downstairs to see if Tori was awake.

When I got to the basement I looked over to the couch Tori was sleeping on. She was knocked out. I wanted to say goodbye to her but I just couldn't wake her up. She looked so peaceful. I was so glad she was finally able to sleep since she couldn't last night due to the stress of our eviction. I grabbed a blanket that was resting on one of the chairs and placed it over her. I then gave her a light kiss on the forehead.

I knew she'd be mad at me for not waking her up and saying goodbye but I just couldn't interrupt her from sleeping. I figured I'd give her a call once I'm at my hotel anyways. So with that, I grabbed my bookbag full of clothes and left.

When I stepped outside, the brisk autumn weather took over me. I shoved my hands into my sweatshirt pocket and headed over towards Proof. He was already parked in his car, waiting for me so that we could drive to the airport.

"This is it." He said with a grin once I got in. I shut the car door.

"Guess it is.." I said in a breathy tone. I couldn't believe it either. "Man I just hope I win. I need the money."

"And you will win." Proof reassured. "You've been practicing for weeks on end. I mean look at'chu, you practically got rhymes fallin' out of your pant's pocket."

"What can I say, must be in my jeans." I laughed at my own corny pun.

"Hey, you should write that one down, save it for later." Proof suggested with a chuckle.

"Already on it." I grabbed my notepad from out of my book bag and began jotting it down.

As we drove on Proof decided to play the car radio. California Love by 2pac was the first song that came on.

"Man, I'm already gettin' sick of this song. Swifty plays it nonstop." He said with a huff.

"It's a good song." I said blankly while glancing out the window. "Hey speakin' of Swifty, is he in our rap group or is he still doing his own thing with his friend?" I was referring to a rap group Proof and I recently created called Dirty Dozen. It includes me, Proof, Denaun, Bizarre, Kuniva, and Bugz who recently passed away due to a brutal fight at a picnic. After we all recovered from the loss, we came up with the idea of Swifty taking his place since Bugz always wanted him in anyways.

"He said he's up for it." Proof grinned. "I forgot to tell you, my bad. But yeah, I don't think he's in that duo no more."

"Word." I looked at Proof. "And we still on that pact right?"

"What pact?" Proof asked teasingly.

"You know what pact, dipshit!" I lightly punched his shoulder. "The one where we promise to clique up after fame. The one where--" Proof interrupted me by finishing what I was gonna say.

"whoever's the first one to get a solo deal will come back and get the otha ones- man, of course we still on dat deal! We ain't just a rap group from Detroit, we ride or dies for life!" He fist pumped me. I nodded my head and looked back out the window. I honestly had too much on my mind to keep talking.

Once we got to the airport, Proof parked alongside the sidewalk to let me out.

"Aight Em, it's now or nevah. You bring back that $500 wit'chu like a real g."

"I'm gonna try." I smirked. We leaned over our seats and gave each other a pound hug before I headed out.

"Aight, bye my man."

"Later Doody." I sighed as I got out and shut the door.

"Ayo Em!" I turned around at Proof who rolled the window down.

"Yeah?" I yelled back just a few feet away.

"You tell them LA bitches you know a fine nigga from the 313 who's got the full package downstairs and wouldn't mind a threesome." He started laughing.

I laughed and shook my head.

"Wait I'm confused man, is that before or after I tell them you already got a wife at home?"

Proof flipped the bird at me jokingly.

"Aye fuck you man!"

"Sorry can't, I'm reserving this dick for all them Cali bitches." I boasted confidentially.

I then quickly ran up to his car. "I'm just jokin' man, you know that right? Don't tell Tori--"

"Man even if you were serious, why would I tell her?" Proof laughed. "You're such a pussy."

"You know what they say, you are whatcha eat." I humored.

"Aight fuck outta here casanova before you miss your flight."

"Yeah whateva, see ya man" I waved goodbye one last time before turning around for good.

I took a deep breath as I entered the air port. "Los Angeles, here I come."