Chapter 31 - liefdesverdriet

Our voices were hushed and silent as we entered the quiet and dark hotel lobby. His warm hand grabbed mine as his fingers enclosed and intertwined over mine. My free hand still gripped the last half-empty bottle of vodka. Our bare feet, moist from the drizzle, pattered along the marble floor. 

Why were we here you ask? Well. 

"Braddd" 

As if my hands had a mind on their own, they latched onto the golden tainted bars of a revolving door that led to a hotel. My feet ran and ran until I could see stars form in Brad's deep brown eyes. 

"Woah!" he giggles, his strong, warm hands expertly caught me as I fell. 

"Shh." he hushed as the marble slowly transformed to carpet as we ran up the stairs. 

Huge wooden double doors towered over us, as did the dim lights. A single finger of his was placed over Brad's plump lips. 

"HAH NO!" I yelled, throwing myself against the cold hard wood, opening the doors. 

I breathed in at the strong scent of a mixture of wine and shellac. 

"Taylor!" Brad came running in.

But I was mesmerised by the tall, dimly lit stage, where the single light shone faintly on the light brown wood. Before I knew it, i started climbing onto the stage when his soft hands gripped my waist giving me a boost. I lay down, panting over the lost energy I wasn't aware I was spending. 

The wood thudded softly as he lay his head next to mine. My multi-coloured strands of hair mingling with his soft brown ones. My eyes were locked on the maze of metal bars above, the dim light reflected on each one. 

My hand looked for his before his warm fingers intertwined with my cold ones once again erupting in a soothing sensation throughout my heart. 

"You remember everything." he murmured slightly harsh, as his thumb contradictory circled around my  fingers.

So this was why he wanted to play the game. He wanted to see if I still had my memories.

For the last time that night, the bottle ran out once again as it touched my lips. 

True. 

"Why the act." he whispered, his voice echoed through the large ballroom. 

I turned around to face him, my now free hand rested on his chest. My eyes looked up upon his sharp cheekbones. In that moment, all I wanted to do was run my lips over them. A quiet whimper sounded in my mind as he shifted his face to turn the other way. 

"Why?" He repeated, his hand gripping harder. 

"I know things." I murmured, my eyes trailing over his razor sharp jawbone. 

Drunk vision may be blurry but his face would always be clear to me. 

"Like what." he pressed. 

"Please don-" I sighed. 

"Why aren't you telling me?" he urged slightly louder, his hand gripping even harder as if I would run away again. 

"I don't want to explain tonight." I sighed again, reverting back my sight to the metal bars above.

His grip on my hand loosened before he turned his body to face me. His warm face nuzzled into my freezing neck flooding my cheeks with his soft chocolate locks as his free hand draped over my hips pulling me closer. 

"I lo-like you Taylor, a lot." he muttered. 

My heart stopped. 

I stifled a giggle, "Nah, you're drunk". My vision started darkening.