Chapter 23 - paraprosexia

Taylor's POV (past)

I looked at myself in the mirror. I was dressed in an off-shoulder white lace dress that hugged my figure up till my knees. There was a pink flower crown atop my head and my hair was pinned in a bun.

Ew.

My hands found their way to toss the flower crown across the room. Ghastly thing.

I peeled the dress off my body and rummaged through my luggage. I found a black sleeveless dress, its skirt flowed to mid thigh. I threw on a thin white cardigan and some small Savrowski crystal earrings.

I winced as I removed the pins in my hair, letting it cascade down until my shoulders. That day in the salon, I dip dyed it a very light brown and dipped it again in lavender. Did I mention that I cut it to shoulder length?

"Honey, we'll be late!" My mom's voice echoed through the house.

"Yes, dear." My dad's voice called out.

My feet thundered down the steps, clutch in hand.

My mom was wearing a blue beach dress and a thin scarf around her shoulders.

"What happened to the lace?" she asked.

"Not my style." I shrugged off.

She looked like she wanted to inquire even more but opted not to.

I stared at the dainty white heels set by the door. Hm.

Echoes of mom calling out to dad was blocked out when I spotted thigh high black boots at the back of the shoe cabinet. Perfect.

The car sped by the blocks and several fields. 

flashback

"Ha Ha! Catch me if you can!" her voice taunted.

Long grassed fields and white dandelions disintegrating into the air.

"I'll catch you Coraline!" Travis' voice echoed.

"Guys wait!" I cried, staining my white summer dress with mud as i fell to my knees.

Gentle and familiar hands held my elbow. "Come on Tay-bel-"

end

"Taylor!?" My mom's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"What mom?!" It came out more irritably than I expected.

She studied my face with her worried one from the front seat.

"We're here." My dad muttered, ending the silence with the sound of the door opening.

It was a garden wedding, typical of Coraline. She always loved nature, which was why Mom even offered for me to wear a flower crown.

People were dressed in all sorts of garden dresses and the men wore dress shirts, their suit jacket draped over their arm due to the warmth of the environment.

A brunette woman who looked distinctly like Mom came running towards us. She wore an elaborate pastel pink dress with a thin scarf draped over her shoulders, similar to how Mom wore her's.

"Mel!" She cried, before throwing her arms around Mom.

"Mia, how are you?" Mom replied.

"Great as you can see. Thank you so much for coming." she chuckled.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world Amelia." dad said bowing slightly.

"Just Mia, please." She waved a hand. "Come on now."