Chapter 29 - nodustollens

Brad's POV 

Present Day

"She has psychogenic amnesia." 

How pathetic is it for someone to go across the country to save someone who doesn't want to be saves. Someone who doesn't want to be found. 

-

We were making our way to the outdoor cafeteria after school. Only to be surprised to see Taylor and her gang sitting on one of the main tables. Rage and envy filled my eyes when one of them put an arm around her. 

Ashlynn stopped in her tracks, her face lit up. "Is tha-"

Taylor looked up with glass stone eyes as they sat one Dylan, Justin, Lynn then me. She blinked and looked away as if we were just strangers or new kids in this school. 

"Yeah." I muttered. 

I looked over at Lynn, expecting her to cry out to her best friend like how old friends do when they see each other. But she was looking at Taylor with a frown of anger? Confusion? Frankly, I was afraid Lynn would do something crazy like yell at Taylor or something, but instead;

"Whens this exchange program finishing?" Lynn demanded as we sat at a nearby table, roughly dropping her bag onto the table. 

I wanted to explain that she had amnesia but I didn't know when was the right time. It was't something to just mutter out casually.  My eyes were too busy being on Taylor to hear what she was saying. 

"Lynn, babe, there's no need to be ra-"

"Whens it finishing!?" Lynn ignored Justin. "I want to go home, theres no need for us here." 

"In a few weeks." Justin muttered.

"I have to wash my hands." Lynn stood up abruptly not wanting to witness the sight in front of her anymore. 

We ate in silence, Dylan filling the awkward air with chattery of the new Game of Thrones episode. 

"Sam." 

I looked up at her 'name'. To my surprise, Abby was offering Taylor a box of cigarettes. I chuckled inwardly. 

She wasn't going to go that far. No matter what she was doing, she's still Taylor. This was the girl who would run away at the mere smell of a cig.

"Thanks." She said cooly, expertly inhaling and releasing a puff of smoke. 

"HEY!" a voice boomed grabbing our attention. "NO SMOKING ON SCHOOL GROUNDS!" 

"Oh shit." Abby muttered. 

"Go, go, go!" Killian giggled.

The gang, as if on cue, ran simultaneously to the chain link fence that surrounded the school grounds. Expertly, they perched their feet in the chain link and started to  climb onto the fence making a subtle rattling sound. 

Hell no. This was Taylor, the girl who would fail at the rope climb back in gym class. 

Yet, she was the fastest to climb. 

"Whoa." Dylan exclaimed. 

-

"So she has amnesia?" Justin muttered questioningly, fiddling with his hands as if calculating something.

"Yeah." I muttered. 

We were back at the penthouse where we were all seated in my room. 

Lynn crossed her arms and let out a sarcastic scoff.