Chapter 10 - wintercearig

"we found wonderland, you and I got lost in it...."

The fluffy pillow was supporting my head as my eyes were locked on the glow on the ceiling. Taylor Swift's new album burst through my ears. Lynn left a while ago leaving me along with my thoughts.

"UGH!" I cried out in frustration before grabbing the photo and stuffing it back in the box. I shoved the box hard under my bed reuniting it with dust bunnies.

-

I slammed the locker door with a groan. 

The class was filled with the regular chatter. As I was making my way to my seat, I noticed Vinnie wasn't there. Then again, I did come early. Not like I had any sleep last night. Cue the eye roll.

My eyes fell droopy despite the loud noise. It was so consistent it started blending in as a background noise. My head fell in my crossed arms over the table. 

--

"Tay..." a soft voice woke me up. 

I turned to see Vinnie dressed in a pink sweetheart neckline dress. And here I was dressed in sweatpants, a "the XX" tee and my loyal hoodie. Who would ever tell us apart.

"Didn't get much sleep last night did you?" she teased softly as she sat down. 

"Nope." I said popping the P. 

"Mr. Grisham, you are needed in the administration." the PA speakers boomed. 

The class erupted in whoops and cheers to see the teacher leave. 

Vinnie tried to talk to me but she got the idea when I nodded and responded with "yeah." or "uh-huh". 

She flashed me a toothless smile before typing away on her laptop. 

I sighed before I opened my laptop to scroll through the endless feed of Tumblr.

The class started filing in with students who had free period. So this is what social people do. Okay. 

--

"Hey Brad!" Vinnie's voice woke me out of my thoughts when reading yet another Harry Potter fan theory. 

Who am I kidding, that name would wake me up out of a coma. 

I turned ever so slightly to see Brad leaning over our table -more like Vinnie's - his elbows propped up. He wiped his smile of when our eyes locked. His brows furrowed into a slight frown before turning back to Vinnie replacing the scowl into a grin.

Okay. Where is my heart. Oh look it's shattered on the floor. Okay. 

I turned my eyes back on the screen. 

Don't look. Don't look. It's just a guy talking to a girl.

YEAH THE GUY WHO YOU HAD A CRUSH ON SINCE FOREVER TALKING TO THE GORGEOUS GIRL. 

SHUT UP BRAIN. 

"Movie this weekend?" he asked casually. His front teeth nibbling his bottom lip. 

my heart sank to my stomach. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him glance at my general direction.

He glanced at you.

No brain shhh. 

"Sure!" Vinnie face lit up excitedly.