Chapter 18 - forever ,

Brad's POV

"Please don't go." I begged trying my luck once more.

She stopped in her tracks.

Her moist eyes locked onto mine. My grip on her hand went tighter. Her fingers held mine in a perfect embrace. 

Cars went by and people bumped into us in the sidewalk, rushing to catch their flight. But she was the only thing I saw. 

I felt a wet drop on my head. As if on cue, rain fell hard. I was just hoping this was the bucket of water that could knock her into her senses and stayed. 

The rain poured and pattered and people were running with newspapers above their heads. We were both drenched but our eyes never blinked. 

She blinked and looked away. 

Her hand felt cold and it wasn't because of the rain. 

She looked at me skeptically like she saw me for the first time and it wasn't in a good way. Her brows furrowed into a frown. 

"Ta-"

"What are you doing?" she asked skeptically before removing her hand from mine.

I held her hand tighter, I wasn't going to let her go. 

She used her other hand to push mine away. 

"Taylor please." 

She started walking away. I don't know what happened after that. But I remember running to her and nearly knocking her down. I remember wrapping my arms around her waist one last time. I remember the smell of her damp hair while she was failing to get away. I had to let her go. 

I hugged her tighter one last time before letting go and turning away. I couldn't see her like that. She wasn't her. She wasn't Taylor. And that was my fault. 

Don't look back. 

I walked the sidewalk with my head down apologising to people I bumped into.

Don't look back.

I tried memorising the cracks in the cement. Analysing them. Like life, the cracks were just meant to happen. Like a river, the cracks seemed to flow. Some cracks meet on their journey of destruction. Some don't. 

Don't look back.

I didn't. 

And by the time I did, I was home. 

I opened the door but everything seemed empty. I dragged myself through the front door and reach for my jacket to hang on the hook by the door. Only to find that I wasn't wearing it.

My jacket! It's still draped around Tay's shoulders. 

Blake's footsteps echoed through the foyer. 

"You look like a wet dog." 

I had to energy to send back a retort. 

His expression changed. 

"So you heard." 

What? A sudden realisation came to mind. Slowly, my eyes looked up to meet his. 

"You....knew?" 

"Look Brad I kno-"

"YOU KNEW?" 

"I said goodbye to her on her last day here." Blake said maintaining his cool. 

"YOU DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO MENTION IT TO ME!" I felt the emotions bursting through. 

"You know Brad, if you acted like you didn't care, people are gonna think you don't." Blake said in a stern voice. 

"You know full well I do." 

forever (n.) for all future time, a 7 letter word, so is goodbye . 

____

Finally after exams. Ugh. I can't thank y'all enough for waiting for the extremely slow update! Thank you so much for reading. Do comment and vote! I'll be updating more regularly now since its SUMMER! Happy Holidays Y'all !

xoxo

CreXenT