Chapter 1: Lost Soul

He had collected more than a hundred souls thus far and yet he still plans to collect more, even if he had to kill a thousand times, even if he had to reset a thousand more. He knew that even if he wanted to go back, he would need to kill. So het his goals right, to make a difference- to make a change. And his goal? His main goal is to collect all souls of Sanses that exist, he knew that if he was able to absorb those souls, he could return back to normal, back to who he was before all of this happened. It was the only way, anyways. Even if it would take him years, he is willing to do what it takes.

Of course, as much as he would loved to, he wouldn't- he couldn't- forget what had happened before everything else began. Flashing lights, blood, white rooms, a boy- at least, that's what he remembered. He ignored the fact he was glitching as he speak, as he walk, and as he move; he was used to it, but at the same time, he never liked it nor got comfortable about it. Maybe because it was due to the fact it had been a part of his life and emotions?
Funny thing about this glitch is that it reacts to his emotions as if it was a living being itself, except it wasn't; whether he is sad, mad, furious, scared, surprised or flustered, his glitches would grow in various shapes and sizes and sometimes would cause his eyes to go pitch black making him unable to see.

This is why, he requires an immense amount of  balance in his emotions, otherwise it would cause him to go blind- though it was never permanent, it still made him conscious about it, knowing that if he didn't, consequences would follow. He knew when to stop, because if he didn't- let's just say, the outcome isn't exactly favourable.

He entered a portal to a universe called, Underswap, and as suspected, it was the complete opposite of the Classic one. Out of all the AUs he had been to, this universe was the closest to what made him remember what he had done these  past few years- if time even exist, but as of now, it's probably just an illusion.

As much as it hurts, he did not regret a single damn thing of what he did. He didn't want to forget nor did he want to remember, as if it was just something that never bothered him, but deep down, he knew it feels wrong. Just thought made his nose scrunch in disgust. As he did, he felt the breeze of the snow in Snowdin, feeling the coldness drift throughout his bones. He looked at the portal then jumped out of it, causing a crunch beneath him and for snow to dissipate. He looked around and smiled; the universe was as new as it was fresh. (A/N: See what I did there.)

It was a new start- a new beginning for him, making his job much more easier to be and easier to attend to. He had a routine in his mind for universes like this; keeping a check-list in his mind- not quiet literally though- he would usually attack his main target- the one who has control of the timeline and the game. He knew this all too well; he knew this too much to not make a wrong move. He walked towards the human, slowly not trying to start a scene or to startle them at all; but the tables turned on him, the human did turn around.
"Papyrus, I'm sorry. I-" confused, they looked around to find no one standing behind them. Not even a single thing, but the deep footsteps beneath the snow says otherwise. "Paps? I know you're there. Come out now please? I know what I did was wrong, but I really want to make a change" their voice stuttered as they look back and forth cautiously, looking everywhere but behind them. "Hey there, kid!" Error said from behind, holding their shoulders causing them to shudder in fear. They turned around, fighting off the hand in their shoulders and screamed as their soul was wrapped in strings, from the beginning of the their red glowing soul. "Sans?" they asked one last time, trying to not pry away this time, hoping that it was all just a hallucination. "Remember when I said, 'If we were friends, you won't come back'?"  Error grinned as they were extracted from their soul, crushing their soul to bits and pieces; however, their determination was able to keep them alive a bit longer, though not long enough to keep them fully alive. Error cackled, yet he knew he couldn't take that determination away just by crushing it. He summoned up enough magic to destroy the littlest bit of determination left. Of course, any normal magic wouldn't work here. Fortunately for him, his magic is not just mere magic, it was beyond magic. He cackled once more and there were no more RESETS on this AU and it's time to do what should be done.