seventy | epilogue

Soft mewling cries interrupted Riley's short-lived sleep and she groaned, burying her face in her hands. Sebastian grunted beside her, rolling over to face his girlfriend. "Maybe if we don't react, she'll stop," he mumbled, still half-asleep.

Riley didn't speak, only smacking him lightly on the arm as she struggled to her feet. Her night dress reached her mid-thighs, and tickled her skin when she walked out. Sebastian couldn't help but stare as she walked away, his mouth drying instantly. When she reached the doorway, she looked back and raised an eyebrow at him, "What are you staring at, Stan?"

"I wouldn't ask that, if I was you," he replied, winking at her. "God knows, I might not be able to control myself if I had to explain."

"It's three a.m and you're thinking about sex," she said, rolling her eyes.

"You know it," he called as she walked down the corridor. Her feet padded along the oak floor and she breathed in the fresh smell of the apartment. When she had moved away from her apartment with Janie, she had been so glad. She had the opportunity start a future without any memories of the past, and she gladly seized that opportunity.

Paige's room was just next door, and Riley pushed in tenderly. Her daughter waved her chubby, baby arms and wailed for attention. The blonde reached into the crib and gently eased her three-month old child out, beginning to rock her back and forth. "Shh," she hushed the small child, who's face was contorted with tears. "Hey, hey, shh."

Then she began to sing to the child, leaning into the crib and running her thumb along her daughter's tear-stained cheek. As Paige began to quieten down, Riley smiled, watching the child slowly shut her eyes as she fell asleep once more.

When Paige was born, Riley had never felt more love than she'd ever felt before. Her love for Sebastian seemed pale in comparison. In that moment, she felt complete. She had the love of her life by her side every step of the way, and was now cradling her own flesh and blood in her arms. She was now part of a family and it was more than anything Andrew could've ever offered her. Since then, the pair had stayed out of the media much more than before. They wanted privacy with their child. And as their daughter grew, they felt more and more love than they imagined possible.

Riley gently placed Paige back down in the crib, and smiled down at her daughter. A pair of arms moved slowly around her waist, with Sebastian resting his chin on Riley's shoulder. He placed a kiss on the inside of her neck and she smiled, humming with contentment. "She's so beautiful," he mumbled, making her turn around. Riley carefully moved her arms around Sebastian's shoulders, smiling up at him. He smiled back, resting his hands on her hips. "I love you."

"I love you too," she replied, kissing him lightly on the lips.

Sebastian took a deep breath in when he pulled back, swallowing to ease the dryness in his mouth. Then, he took a hold of both her hands. "Riley Madison James," he said slowly, making sure he took care to say each syllable with at least an ounce of the perfection that it represented, "you have got to be the best thing that has ever happened to me. When you accidentally texted me over a year ago, I didn't think anything would happen. Then you became a huge part of my world and now I can't imagine my life without you in it. You are so beautiful and you make me so happy each and every day. I'm so glad that we could make such a gorgeous human being, and I feel so amazed whenever I look at little Paige. Now, I want to cross something off my list of things to do."

He took a step back, still holding her hands, and moved down on one knee, staring up at her with his familiar blue eyes. "Riley, whenever I look at you, every other person I've been with seems awful in comparison. Because you are so beautiful, funny, kind, happy and you make my world so amazing," he says, pressing a kiss to her hands. "I know I got you that promise ring and told you that I wanted to marry you one day. Well, today is the day that I want to make that promise official.

"Riley Madison James," he pulled out a velvet box, "will you do me the overwhelmingly amazing offer of becoming my beautiful wife?" She stared down at him for a few moments, before grinning widely and nodding, unable to speak initially. "I'm gonna need to get a verbal confirmation of that, Mrs soon-to-be Stan."

"Yes, you dork," she exclaimed, throwing her arms around his shoulders and laughing. "Of course I'll marry you."

+++

rileymadisonYes

rileymadison
Yes.
109k likes
view 14,527 comments

AUTHOR'S NOTE
So, this is the end of Talk Me Down! It's been one hell of a ride, but I have enjoyed every second of it! I am planning a Chris Evans fanfic and lil Riley and Seb will make some cameo's in that! Either way, I hope you guys enjoyed this as much as I did!!! Thank you all for reading and leaving such positive feedback!