forty three | article

TROUBLE IN PARADISE?
5/3/2016

Earlier this week, Sebastian Stan and Riley James announced their relationship to the world with a sweet instagram post and eye-witnesses describing the huge (and adorable) amounts of PDA over the week of her visit. For a moment, it seemed like this couple would be strong from the get-go, but apparently not everything is as happy in Sebastian Stan's world as it seems. This comes from reports from a girl on instagram saying he insulted her numerous times, after she had only tried to compliment him. She said, and we quote, that he told her to "fuck off" and that she didn't know a "damn thing about him." Yikes, all this before the opening of the new film, Captain America: Civil War.

Because of Stan's spotless reputation, we decided we'd give him a chance to explain himself, in an interview conducted earlier today. Here is the results:

Interviewer: Hi, Sebastian.

Stan: Hi, it's nice to be able to talk to you.

Interviewer: Aw, it's lovely to be able to talk to you as well. How are you, considering these past events?

Stan: Well, I mean, this isn't really something that I . . . I guess what I mean is that I'm not used to things like this. I don't really like to get involved in drama, let alone be in the middle of it. This is a whole new experience for me, and I can certainly say I don't want it to happen again *laughs*.

Interviewer: You've always seemed like such a nice guy, so you can understand why we're all confused by this. Are these allegations true?

Stan: I'm ashamed to say that they are, but not under the circumstances everybody thinks. The way the girl portrayed it is that she was just this fan who messaged me and that I just started insulting her after she said something. That is not true in the slightest. I know this woman and I know her story and I think, while I deeply regret my actions, I feel justified for them.

Interviewer: It is said that this woman was insulted unprovoked. What do you say to that?

Stan: I say that she's wrong. I didn't mean for the argument to become so heated - I mean, all I wanted to do was have a discussion and make sure we were on the same page - and I got angry. I said things that I shouldn't have said and I accept that whole-heartedly. I do not however believe it was unprovoked.

Interviewer: That's a fair judgement, and you seem like such a kind man. I feel sympathy for you, I really do.

Stan: I wouldn't say I deserve sympathy, but thank you. I was just trying to defend the people I love, and it may have awfully backfired but I feel I said what I needed to say to this person.

Interviewer: You mentioned you were defending the people you love? Would I be correct in assuming this person is your girlfriend?

Stan: You would.

Interviewer: How does she feel at this current moment in time?

Stan: Uh *laughs nervously* quite frustrated and anxious about the whole situation. She doesn't want me in trouble, and I feel awful for putting her through this, to be completely honest. She doesn't deserve it, she's been through enough already.

Interviewer: How did she respond to the situation?

Stan: In a way that is completely justifiable. She's been through a lot lately and I'm angry with myself for putting her through even more. Like I said, she doesn't deserve it.

Interviewer: Changing the subject, how do you think your ex will react to the news of your new relationship status?

Stan: To be honest, I don't really know, nor do I really care. I'm happy and Riley's happy, and that's all that matters to me. So if my ex has a problem, she can tell me about it - it's not like we ended on a bad note or anything - but I'm perfectly happy with Riley and I won't leave her for my ex just because she's "jealous".

Interviewer: That's fair enough. Well, I'm glad I got to talk to you today. Hopefully that cleared the air a bit for the people who were unsure about the whole situation.

Stan: I'm glad I got to talk to you today also. Thank you for having me.

So, take from that what you want. Let us know on Facebook or Twitter!