nineteen | real life

As the plane landed, Riley felt her heart pounding in her chest. She was finally going to see him. She was finally going to see the person she'd been talking to for the past two months. Anticipation was clawing at her and she just wanted to get the hell of the plane.

Finally, they were beginning to move towards the exit, and Riley had to stop herself from shoving through the crowds of men, women and children. As she went into the terminal, she was already looking for a sign with her name. Picking up her bag, she took in a deep breath and tucked her hair behind her ear. Ducking her head, she made her way to the exit.

Ahead of her, completely obvious once she'd spotted it, was a sign reading: "RILEY BEAR!"

A smile spread along her lips and she rushed towards the sign. Without thinking, she let her bag drop as she rushed towards her friend. He was in sight, and she couldn't stop herself from leaping at him. She wound her arms around Sebastian's shoulders, burying her face in the crook of his neck, and pressed her hands to the nape of his neck. The scent of fresh laundry greeted her nose and she sighed. He breathed out a soft, "Whoa," before wrapping his arms around her waist and holding her tight.

"Oh my God, Seb," she whispered, moving her fingers into his hair and hugging him even closer. She didn't want to let go; she could feel his strong arms locking around her and neither seemed to want to pull apart. "Oh my God."

"Oh my God," he repeated her words, his breath rushing past her neck. The feeling made her heart skip a beat and all the emotions she felt during their phone calls and FaceTimes came rushing back.

At a tingling sensation, she moved back, letting her arms drop to her side. His eyes were much more vibrant in real life, bright blues staring down at her, and his brown hair was ruffled from where she'd wound it in her grasp. His top teeth were caught on his bottom lip. He looked so much more beautiful in real life. Her mouth dried at the realisation, her heart skipping a beat. "Hi," she said, smiling at him awkwardly.

"Hi," he replied, smiling back. She blushed at the sight of his pink lips tilting into a fond grin and looked away. "You, uh, your bag."

Turning, she saw her bag lingering in the certain of the terminal floor, people milling around it. She blushed again and giggled awkwardly. "Oh, yeah," she said, looking back over at Seb. He grinned at her, ruffling her blonde hair.

"Uh, lovebirds!" A man yelled across the terminal. Riley glanced in the direction of the shout to see Chris standing by the door. "Time we get going!"

She grinned and bit down on her bottom lip, glancing over at Sebastian when he looked back at her. The smirk playing on his lips made her stomach flip and she forced herself to look away, picking up her bag. Footsteps sounded, before Seb began to fumble with the handle of Riley's bag.

"Uh, Seb?" She said when he pried the bag from her grasp. He looked down at her, humming as a response. "What'cha doin'?"

"Carrying your bag, silly," he said as a response, slinging an arm around her shoulders and pulling her against him. Her heart stuttered at the contact and she blushed as they crossed the floor.

Chris raised his eyebrows at the pair of them. "Why don't I get a bear hug?" He asked. She laughed before moving away from Sebastian's side and wrapping his arms around Chris Evans' torso. I'm hugging Chris-freaking-Evans, she thought, don't freak out. He hugged her back, chuckling. "I see how it is."

Riley pulled back as Chris continued, "You go straight for the hot one, I see how it is," he said, pretending to wipe away a tear.

"Actually Chris, I was freaking out when I was hugging you," she replied, "so don't feel jealous."

Sebastian slid his hand around her waist when she pulled back. She glanced up at him and he threw her a careless wink. When they'd started talking, she would've ignored the wink. But this time, after all the playfyl flirting and the consistent teasing and getting to know him, it made her cheeks flush rapidly.

"Anyway," Chris said, making the pair tear their eyes off one another, "let's get going. We've got a lot planned for you today, Riley."

She grinned at Chris, before looking back at Sebastian who was staring down at her earnestly. "I look forward to it," she said softly.