6) Part Three: Flirtation

Start from the beginning

'Was he trying to flirt with me? Was this a pick-up line?' Ink felt the familar heat rise in his bones once more.

"Don't call me t-that." He replied flustered. Error placed a hand on his shoulder. "I'm j-just messing with you, S-Shorty." Ink turned around a glare forming in his eyesockets. "You must not have many nicknames then Glitchy." Error let a loud laugh escape him. This was hilarious. He finally made Ink tick. His cute flustered face was priceless. Error caught his breath, "G-Glitchy? That's a new one. I'm still keeping I-Inky as yours though." Ink turned away crossing his arms. A soft "Hmph." being heard in response.

Error shrugged it off and walked over to Ink's bed, jumping onto it. He fell onto it, sinking into the sheets. A soft scent of Ink lingered in the sheets. Ink reminded Error of something, like... Nature. It was like ever fragrance of a flower was fused into his sheets. He smelled like a springtime breeze even though it was winter. 'Ink smells so... sweet.' Ink walked over eyeing Error. "What are you doing?" He crossed his arms over his sternum. Error closed his eyes blocking Ink out, "Sleeping." He muttered. Ink rose an eyesocket, "In my bed? No, I really don't want you too." Error snorted. "W-Why think I'll take up all of this matress? T-there's plenty of room for you." Error patted the empty space to his left giving a playful smirk and wiggling his imaginary eyebrows. Ink's face heated slightly at the comment."That's not what I meant. If your tired go home." Error shook his head. "N-No can do."

Ink jumped up in response, "Why is that?" Ink was growing slightly frustrated. But not it the anger type, almost a 'I want you to leave but don't leave' feeling.

"This bed is too c-comfy." Ink rolled his pin pricks. He was starting to question becoming friends with Error. He was starting to come off as as douche. Ink sighed, "Fine. You can sleep I guess." Ink heard the slamming of a door from below. "My brother's home. I'm going downstairs to talk to him; blow off some of his steam. I'll probably say your not here for your own benefit. He might be furious." Error opened a lazy eye to meet Ink's gaze. "You can sleep here tonight if you wish. Just don't make a mess or go poking around in my stuff, please?" Error nodded in response, drifting slowly off to sleep. "Alright. Sleep well Error." And with that Ink left and Error fell to sleep with the scent of Ink surrounding him, cuddling him to sleep.

|Down Stairs | *Mild Cursing*

Ink walked downstairs steadily. He could tell his brother was still mad. Magic lingered the air from where Paint stormed into the kitchen. As Ink approached the kitchen he heard the sound of rustling bags and the scrambling of glass. Ink knew deep down this wasn't a good sign.

Ink walked into the kitchen with caution, his eyes locking onto Paint. Paint was leaning over the counter with what seemed like an elixir. ( An elixir is a potion/drink. Alcoholic drinks in InkTale are called elixirs. Oops, Head Canons xD) He watched as Paint shuffled opening the bottle and poured him a shot glass. Within the few seconds he poured he took the shot, magic swirled lightly around Paints mouth as he ingested the magic liquid. Ink cleared his throat letting his presence be known. Paint gave a growl and looked from the corner of his eyesockets at Ink.

"Oh! There's my pathetic excuse of a brother." Paint yelled adverting his eyes, pouring another shot. Ink knew his brother hadn't meant those words. He couldn't have. Ink felt his soul drop as the words read in his mind. He had to clear his thoughts, he needed to help Paint. "What's bothering you?" Ink asked approaching his brother silently. Paint grew irritated at his voice. He was to kind and dear to act so innocent. "Hmm..." Paint paused momentarily to take another shot. "Let's see. My brother was almost KILLED BY A FUCKING DESTROYING ASSHOLE. WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND HOW IMPORTANT YOU ARE." His voice grew louder with each word. Ink flinched at his words, tears welling up in his eyesockets. "But I didn't..." He squeaked looking away. His brother never drank or at least never around him. Paint was such a calm guy and was never this pushed over the edge. Just because Ink was injured this set off an eruption of built up emotion inside his brother. He didn't know what to say or think. Ink was hit with a wall of emotions so new to him. Paint walked over to the table, bringing his elxir with him. He ditched his shot glass as he sat down chugging the bottle. Magic seeped from his mouth, filling his ribcage. Ink couldn't see him do this, "Paint... Please stop. Don't get so riled up." Paint slammed the half bottle down. The sound made Ink flinch, staring at his brother. "TELL ME HOW YOU EXPECT ME TO NOT BE SCARED OF HIM. OF HOW YOU'LL ENCOUNTER HIM MORE AND FIGHT HIM. HOW EVERY TIME THERE IS A FUCKING CHANCE YOU'LL NEVER RETURN!?!" Paint screamed his words echoing through the house. Tears of ink and magic flowed down Paint's eyesockets, sliding of his cheekbones. Ink watched his brother cry out, chugging the bottle once more. He wanted to reassure his brother. Ink gathered the nerves to speak, "L-look Error won't h-hurt me," he studdered gathering his words. "I have a feeling he w-won't. It took a lot to hold his own tears back. But when Paint spoke he let them spill out like a waterfall.