biggest lie

Riley Matthews

I slowly turned my head to see Maya and Farkle standing side by side watching me. My eyes widened and I got really angry.

"What're you guys doing here?" I stood up harshly and farkles face couldn't have more of a rude look on it.

"We came to get you." Maya furrowed her eyebrows almost getting angry at me. It was silent for a moment. "Who's that."

"This is Noah, we're just friends." I spoke angrily. Noah still was on the ground when Farkle walked over to him and pulled him up by his sweater.

"Well how about you take blondie here on a walk while I talk to miss runaway." Farkle spat and let go of him. Noah quickly nodded and walked over to Maya and began walking away with her. My gaze switched to the ground. "What are you doing here?"

I took a deep breath and rolled my eyes. "Trying to lose my feelings for a jerk who left me broken." I saw his hurt reaction and couldn't help but feel bad for calling him a jerk.

"Riley we need to talk about that." He stood in front of me with his big blue eyes that were dragging me back into the mess of feelings in my head. I briefly closed my eyes and shook my head.

"You had your chance and blew it. I can't go back to loving you if you are just going to leave me all by myself after telling you how I feel about you. It made me feel like I was rejected and it hurt..." I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes feeling dominant in the conversation. I saw his jaw clench. "Maybe we should stop being what we are and take some time apart."

Once I said the last sentence his eyes filled with a emotion I've never seen or felt. He walked over to the picnic basket Noah had brought and kicked it. My breathing hitched, I would be lying if I said that I wasn't scared. He obviously didn't like what I had said.

He held me by the shoulders. he wasn't being violent towards me, he was actually being really gentle. Now our roles switched, he was the dominant one.

"You said you loved me. How could you say that you don't want to see me anymore-" he started to say loudly, his voice was shaky.

"Farkle it's for the better." I cut him off and he shook his head and let go of my shoulders.

"You always get to talk, it's my turn now." He said almost angrily, I bit my lip and nodded. "When you told me how you felt about me I didn't believe it. We were in the middle of making out when you confessed your feelings for me... It was way too good to be true. I was stunned so I couldn't process it, when I went home I stayed up all night trying to figure out what to tell you. I went to sleep and when I woke up the last thing I ever wanted to happen... Happened. I have been waiting days and months to tell you that i love you more than anything. I'm a fucking idiot to leave you after confessing your feelings for me, I'm an idiot Riley."

The wind was slightly blowing his brown hair and I felt my eyes beginning to get fogged up. I didn't want to cry but I could hold it back as long as he didn't say anything else.

"I'm sorry Riley." well here we go. Tears came falling from my eyes. I felt different. I just stood in front of him quietly with some tears falling from my eyes. I ran close and hugged him tightly. He hugged me back and it felt nice.

"What are we?" He managed to say as I pulled away from the hug. I don't think we are ready to be anything more than young adults with romantic feelings for each other.

"Close friends who love each other but aren't ready for a relationship." I said while he put his hands in his leather jacket pockets. He nodded quietly.

"Let's go back to the lodge, baby." I teased with the sappy talk. He chuckled and put an arm around my shoulder as we began walking.

"Whatever you want, sunshine." He smiled and I rested my head on his side.

We aren't ready... That's the biggest lie I've told myself.

////