Secret Crush

Riley Matthews

Silent. That's how I was after I heard the jaw dropping words come out Maya Hart's mouth. I couldn't help but feel a spark of joy light inside of me.

"You like Zay Babineaux?" I said as she painted flowers onto her canvas. It took her a minute or so to answer.

"I think I like Zay." She repeated while I was standing up almost about to jump up and down since I was so happy. Zay is a great guy especially for Maya.

"MAYA!" I yelled and she cringed at my squeaky screech. She grabbed my hand and pulled me back down onto the floor with her.

"Riles, don't tell him." Her voice was calm and collected while mine was stunned and all over the place. "We can't ruin another good thing, okay?"

"okay." I nodded and tried my hardest not to run and go tell someone about it. I am horrible with secrets.

It's About a week later and I was making out with Farkle in his room when I pushed him off of me. He gave me a weird look and tried to come back but I stood up and groaned.

"What?" Farkle said unamused and I checked the time. I had to leave for class in 10 minutes but also i still hadn't told anyone about Maya's crush.

"Maya likes Zay." I said bluntly and felt a weight lifted off my shoulders.

"Yeah so, let's continue." He smirked and i shook my head. I grabbed my backpack and swung it over my shoulder.

"I have to go." I said about to walk out the door when he grabbed my wrist and I turned around and kissed his cheek. I don't feel any romantic feelings between Farkle and I... I guess we just use each other for kissing purposes.

Our eyes locked for a second then i quickly rushed out of his room. Zay was sitting at the table doing something on his computer.

"Riley, coffee after class?" Zay smiled and I nodded.

"Yep see you then." I flashed a smile and left quickly.  I arrived at class a little late but it was all good. I stared at the clock almost the whole time. Eventually the class was dismissed and I made my way to the cafe.

I saw Zay at a booth by himself. I walked over and sat down.

"How was class?" He asks and I shrugged tiredly. I feel like I can't carry class, me time, and Farkle time. I ordered a coffee and waited patiently for it to come.

"Riley?!" Zay said loudly and I opened my eyes and realized I fell asleep. "Can I tell you something?"

"sure." I said and took a sip of my hot coffee. He hesitated at first but calmed himself down. I was impatiently waiting for him to spit out what he wanted to say.

"I like you, alot." He said and I didn't know how to react. I felt awful like I had to puke. I held in my sickening feeling. Maya is going to be crushed.

"I- um... Oh." I said changing my expression frequently. He looked confused because I didn't give him a full reaction. I half smiled and he was examining me for some type of explanation for my sudden mood change.

"Shit!" I yelled and as I was looking at the time "I told Maya I would get her a snack since she's studying."

I stood up and grabbed my backpack and Zay stood up and wiped his thighs off. We stood there for a little then I waved and left.

I left to the closest convenient store and quickly went in and grabbed a bag of chips and an energy drink. I realized that I needed some type of medicine that helps you stay awake. I walked down the medicine isle and saw Farkle shoving medicine into his pockets.

"Why are you stealing!" I said loudly as I walked over to him. His face went a bright red and he gave me a dirty look.

"can your voice go any louder, Jesus Christ." He groaned and continued to put pill bottles into his pockets.

"Why do you steal things especially med-" I said but was cut off by Farkle putting his hand over my mouth and giving me a major death stare.

"It's expensive and I just need it okay?" He said sounding offended. I put my arms up as if in defeat. His hand slowly came off my mouth like he was afraid I was gonna say another thing.

"Give me the meds." I said and put my hand out. He put his hand into his pocket and took all of them out and placed them onto my hand.

I walked to the cashier and paid for all of my (and his) items. It came out to $67.17 I still paid it.

I grabbed the bag and turned to Farkle.

"Show me why you need the medicine."

--------
A/N: this chapter is based of my life bc my crush likes one of my friends ☹️