forever

[FARKLE]

"Farkle, you need to go home now." Riley pushed me with her right hand. I rolled my eyes and stood still. "but seriously put some pants on."

"okay okay!" I walked back to the spare room and pulled out some clothes from my bag. I put them on and took my bag out to the living room.

"much better." She smiled from behind me. I stood up and put my back pack on my back.

"well... I'll just be leaving now." I said while taking a couple steps to the door. I opened it and walked out Into the hallway.

"bye Farkle." She smiled before shutting the door with me out in the hall.

"I love you." I whispered.

[RILEY]

Once I shut the door I slid down the back of it. I then whispered what I wished I said to him. "I love you." My heart was crushed.

• • •

A week later....

"No, Farkle! You're supposed to put down the same number." I said as he set down a 8 card on a 4 card.

"I don't get it!" He groaned and I chuckled and took all the cards back. "I should just stick to go fish!"

"Should we depart?" I spoke while putting the cards back into the box and setting it on the bin on the table.

"Riley... I need to say something." He stopped me as I began to stand up. My stomach became uneasy and I shook my head.

"I have to go." I mumbled before grabbing my winter coat and sliding it on. He ran after me once I walked out onto the snowy New York streets.

"Riley!" He called after me I just kept walking "Riley!" He repeated then finally "RILEY!" He yelled loudly and I turned around and stopped.

"What?" I said tiredly, I felt like I was going to explode and tell him the truth at any moment.

"I need to tell you something important." Farkle said with a serious look on his face. I nodded telling him to continue "I-i still"

"I love you, Farkle." I blurted out then covered my mouth trying not to freak out.

"-love you." He finished what he was saying before. We just stood there not knowing what to say to each other. "You love me too?"

"Yeah I never really stopped, it just got way worse once I saw you again." I spoke in shock. The snow fell sporadically, a tiny flake fell on his nose and I smiled gushy like.

He put out his hand and I held it, they were cold but I didn't mind.

"if we both love each other shouldn't we do something about it?" Farkle said with a small smile on his face.

"yeah I guess we should." I said before stepping up on my tippy toes and kissing him. His cold hand let go of mine and placed it onto my cheek.

"will you be mine again?" Farkle said after he pulled away from my kiss. I hesitated at first but I had to let my heart take over.

"there is no situation where I wouldn't say yes." A smile took over my face and I hugged him.

"That's what I was hoping you'd say." Farkle said.

• • • •

Farkle ended up moving in with me, we had fun all the time. We were always go-go-go. But things shook me once I graduated college. I was offered a job in California. At first I was feeling depended on to decline but maybe it would be good for me.

"You're turning the job down right?" Farkle asked and I didn't respond. "You're taking it?"

"I don't know Farkle..." I mumbled and he kneeled beside me. I was sitting on the floor on my laptop going through my emails.

"That's a long way away..." His voice shaky and nervous.

"It's good money Farkle, I'm not thinking only about myself." I spoke up and he shut my laptop and moved it away.

"Then who else are you thinking for?" He replied. I blinked before biting my lip and sighing.

"My future family... children." I said quietly.

"what about me?" Farkles face full of worry.

"yeah, about you... I want you to come with me. We can be happy in California, maybe even start a family and settle down." He smiled after I replied. There is no way I would leave him behind.

"that sounds good Riley." Farkle set a hand on my thigh. He put his hand up, fingers pointing to the sky. "Forever?"

I intertwined our fingers before replying with: "forever."

And forever it will always be.