36| Minx

M36| 77 Monday

I felt my hair being moved from my face. The hand moved to cup my jaw and a kiss was placed on my forehead. My eyes opened to see Jesse above me. He smiled at me and continued to rub my cheek with his thumb.

"What are you–?"

He's kissing me...Holy shit he's kissing me!

Right when I was about to push him away,for his mate's sake, he pulled away,"I wanted you too."

"Jesse, I–"

"I just–I thought you should know. You've always been my best friend, why wouldn't I want you?",he stood up moving to my closet.

He wanted me.

"You still have this?",he laughed holding up one of his old shirts,"Here you can have a new one.",he opened one of the bags at the end of my bed,"I don't know when I'll see you again."

"I thought you were leaving today?"

"Where are your shorts?",I pointed to a drawer,"Everyone decided to leave today so I'm waiting for them to be ready."

"Oh.", I wasn't sure if I should be changing in front of him after what happened,but I put his shirt on anyway.

"You'll always be my first love Minx."

"Jesse I–you have..."

What the hell is happening?

It was hard for me to process everything. My best friend that I've loved for the longest time felt the same. We could have had something. Knowing the end result now made it harder to accept. I wanted to be happy, but I felt saddened.

Why couldn't he have said something before!?

"I know.",he nodded,"I wanted to get it off my chest. I never had the balls to confess to you and now it doesn't matter anymore. You're about to find love and I know it's not me."

He was right it didn't matter anymore. He found his mate and I was about to find mine.

"Jesse.",I hugged him,"I love you too."

The door opened,"Minx your mo–what the hell is he doing in here with you naked!?"

"Adam."

I seriously need to invest in automatic locked doors. If that's even possible.

"Don't Adam me!",he glared at Jesse,"Who the hell do you think you are!? You already have a mate!"

I stepped between them,"Adam calm down."

"He shouldn't be in your room. Is that his shirt?",he pulled me closer,"Take it off. You get out and you take that shirt off."

Jesse grabbed his bags and left.

"But, I like this outfit."

I was wearing black zip up faux leather shorts,Jesse's t-shirt,and black strapped chunky heels.

"No."

Why was I even taking his opinion into consideration?

"You don't get a choice!", I pushed him away,"This is what I'm wearing!"

"No."

"No? We haven't been talking and now all of a sudden you're acting like your opinion matters! Go tell Lacey no! I don't want to hear what you have to say!"

"Lacey? Lacey can do whatever she wants for all I care."

"But I can't!?"

"Because I care about you!",he grabbed my arms,"I don't want you wearing another man's shirt."

"I.", I moved over to my makeup buying myself some time.

"You said something about my mother?",I added a black choker.

"She wanted to say goodbye to you before she left. She sent me to wake you up."

"She's leaving?"

I moved quickly to the front of the visitors house where everyone was gathering. Everyone was shouting orders and complaints on the early hour. The kids were eating lazily and the adults were triple checking. I moved through the house trying to figure out where my mother could be. Why didn't she tell me she was planning on leaving? Should I go with her? No,Amanda needs me.

"Oh,Minx!",Cassandra pulled me for a quick selfie,"You fit in the family so easily!"

"I hope you don't mind me coming here. I had to meet your mom and share stories."

"It's fine. I'm glad there's someone for her to talk to."

I really do appreciate Cassandra becoming friends with my mother. She had insight she can share through her memories. It's clear that Cassandra loved my father. Hearing her memories could help my mother connect with my father again. Reliving the past can help mend the present.

"Have you seen her?"

"I think she's still packing."

Upstairs my mother was sitting on her bed starring at what I assumed was a photograph. She had tears running down her face, but had a smile on her lips. I sat down beside her and rubbed her back in an attempt to comfort her. It was a photo of my father holding me has a baby.

"He loved you more than anything."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

She sighed,"You need to find your peace,Minx. I love you, but I can't stay here."

"I've found my closure,mother.", I rolled my eyes,"What else is there to to find? He's at fault,end of story."

Speaking of,I haven't seen any of them beside Avery. He's probably hiding because I know the truth now. I don't know how I'm going to react when I see him. I want to hurt him, but I know it won't change anything. It would make me feel better though.

"You're still angry.",she shook her head,"Until you can move past it you haven't found your closure."

"But..."

She stood up,"Walk me downstairs. I don't want to keep Jesse waiting."

Should I tell her what happened?

Downstairs everyone was packing their things into rental cars. All of them decided it would be better to catch an early flight. Amanda was standing against Tony talking to her family. I wasn't sure how I felt about him. He's not his father and he makes her happy.

"Here I'll get a picture of you two. Then I want another picture of us for my ootd.",Cassandra shouted while I was saying my final goodbye to Jesse.