26|Minx

M26| 47 Thursday

"I still can't believe you're here out of all places.",Kyle smiled down at me,"I've been so busy these pass couple of days I haven't gotten the chance to talk with you."

"I don't mind the wait. I know being Alpha Benjamin's mate and taking care of your kids must keep you busy. How are they?"

"Franklin, our oldest is nearly six now. I know the name's cheesy,but how could we resist?",he chuckled,"Delilah is only one and I already think no one will be good enough for her."

"Seems like a dream."

"It wasn't always. Now can we talk about what I've been waiting for ❓__ days to ask about?"

I nodded.

"Where's your father? I can't imagine he'd be happy with you being here. After everything he's been through ,including what he almost did, this is the last place he'd be."

There's that almost again.

"He's the one who told me about Alpha Arthur."

He nodded,"Of course. I just don't understand why he'd let you come here.Does he know you're here?"

"I'm sure he knew I'd end up here after dropping such a big bomb."

"Oh, so you didn't...did you run away!? Do you not understand what that man did to Easton!? For you to come here..."

"He's dead.",I blurted out.

"No.",he shook his head,"He promised he wouldn't try again! How could he leave you like this!?"

"What are you talking about?"

"How'd he do it? I knew Easton was strong,but...",he raked his hands through his hair and looked up to the sky,"Come on Easton! You had a daughter!"

"What the hell are you talking about!? My father was killed by rogues trying to protect us!"

"Oh no.",his eyes widened,"Forget what I said Minx, it's better that you don't know."

"Tell me! I'm his daughter!"

"I don't want to ruin the memory of the man who raised you."

"I already know he used to be a different person than the one I knew,but that doesn't mean he's not my father. Tell me what you meant Kyle."

"I-you're right. You have the right to know the truth. I hope Easton forgives me for telling you this."

"You know that Alpha Arthur is his true mate?"

I nodded.

"Well, Easton wasn't always the strong man you used to know. Back then things got hard for him to handle and he tried to end it. Alpha Arthur was the person who was supposed to love him when his parents didn't. Not only did he not want to own up to his feelings,but he also already had a replacement. Alpha Arthur doesn't know how to be selfish for the right reasons. He's to caught up in doing the right thing for the greater good."

"I...I need to think."

Nothing was making sense to me.

"Are you sure you should be alone right now?"

"I won't be.",I promised.

It was an obvious lie,but Kyle let me go anyway. Out of all the unbelievable things that I learned about my father this topped it off. Not only did he drink on the regular he also almost killed himself. My father never showed signs of his past life. Did I really even know who my father was?

Everything I've learned about him is completely different from the man I knew.

The visiting pack house was empty of Kyle's family. I was happy that I'd at least be able to be miserable without an audience. I didn't want to fake being okay or hurt anyone's feelings. What was the proper way to react to finding out someone you love almost took their life? Was he unhappy this whole time?

I couldn't be sure he wasn't faking it. What if he didn't really love my mother? Why else would his journal be addressed to Alpha Arthur? He probably just settled for my mother, people say that misery loves company. Has someone who was damaged it would be easy to find someone just has damaged.

My father must have run away from his family after being caught and eventually found my mother. He was looking for someone to love him the way Alpha Arthur was supposed to. My mother was a victim to her own need for love. It would be easy to convince her to be with him. Was my relationship with my father fake has well?

Did my father convince my mother to have me because he couldn't give his own mate a child? My father wanted a normal life. That meant having my mother and me has his family. It couldn't all be a lie, could it? He loved us.

I opened the door to his room seeking the comfort it always brought me. I wasn't so sure that it would have the same effect on me with all the doubts running through my head. Alpha Arthur was sitting on the edge of the bed with his hands covering his face. His shoulders were shaking and I could here his shallow breathing. What did he have to be sad about? All of his suffering was of his own doing.

"Why the hell are you crying!? You have nothing to be sad about! My father was the sad one! Did you know he almost killed himself!?"

"Of course I knew!"

"And you let it get to that point! If he had succeeded it would be all your fault! You never loved him enough to do the right thing!"

I wanted to throw something at him,but didn't want to risk any of my father's things.

"I loved your father,Minx! Never question my love for him!"

I want you to know that what you almost did was wrong. It would have killed me and everyone who has ever cared about you if you had succeeded. Nothing and no one is worth doing that over. I hope that you can find a way to forget about me and move on from me. You deserve to be loved by someone who can love you wholeheartedly.

"Than why did you force him to leave?"

"He left on his own!"

"You gave him no other choice. You were supposed to be the one person who loved him unconditionally. Wouldn't you leave too if that one person turned their back on you?"

"I didn't turn my back on him I was just trying to figure things out. I was already with Molly and the pack needed me."

"My father needed you!"

"And I needed him!"

"No! No! Don't try to turn this around! It wasn't his fault you picked the pack over him!"

"I'm an Alpha, what was I supposed to do!? A pack can't survive without a heir! There's no way your father would be able to give me that!"

When I met you I was scared of what you would do to me and the path that was already laid out for me. I never really thought about my mate before meeting you. The plan was to take over the pack and make Molly my Luna. I wish that our lives could have been different. I love Molly with all my heart,but my soul belongs to you.

"So, that's what it comes down to!? You let my father walk away because Molly had a vagina and he didn't?"

"If I wasn't an Alpha we would all have been spared the pain,but I am. At the end of the day an Alpha must be willing to sacrifice no matter the cost."

"Even your mate?"

"Has an Alpha I'm not allowed to be selfish. I must always think of the packs needs first."

"What about your needs!? What about my father's needs!?"

____________________
Thoughts so far?

Do tell me if you're enjoying the story!

Vote and comment if you liked it!