17|Minx

M17| 27 Friday

"Be careful!",Adam helped me into the passenger seat of his car.

"You're being ridiculous! It just feels like a bruise now!"

"That doesn't mean it didn't happen.",he grumbled.

I rolled my eyes,"I can barely feel it Adam."

Tony was taking Amanda out for breakfast this morning. I wanted to drive back to school with her,but there was no way I was going to get in the way of their progress. Adam was being a mother hen,like normal, demanding that he drive me to school. I know he's just using me has an excuse not to do his work. I didn't mind though.

"I can't believe I'm actually excited to go back to school!"

"Too bad it's Friday.",he glanced at my dress.

"Pervert!"

School went by fast with the help of David and Amanda. There was one incident where a group of girls questioned me about Adam. Apparently Tony wasn't the only one who had fans. Other than that things were pretty good. My teachers were nice to me and didn't mind giving me extra help.

3

Dear Arthur,

I've finally met her! Her name is Victoria. She's everything I have ever dreamed about and yes you can take offense to that.

I laughed.

It's not like I dreamed of my mate being a boy when I was younger. I never even considered it.

Must have been one hell of a surprise.

Doesn't mean I didn't love you the same though, but Victoria is literally the definition of perfect. We've been dating for awhile and things have been getting serious.

Get to the part where I come in.

She told me the story of her mate and it's not a happy one. I wish that I could revive him just so I can kill him myself.

My mother had a mate? Why hasn't she told me about them? It obviously should have come up now that I know about father. What about her side of the story? I have to call her.

I think I'm actually starting to love her.

I know that what we have isn't close to a real mate bond,but it's genuine.

"Mother?"

"Yes,little Minx."

I cringed.

"Why haven't you told me about your mate?"

She paused,"It's not something I like talking about."

"I want to know. I read father's journal entry about how you first met and how much he loved you. He mentioned that your mate is dead. Did he die before you met him?"

Some people had to deal with not ever meeting their mate. It's one of my many fears to not meet my mate. I could handle waiting to meet my one. I've heard of people waiting for twelve years. Waiting wasn't a problem for me, loosing the hope of meeting them is.

How does someone move on from loosing the person they're meant to be with? Every person you meet is meant for another. I couldn't handle that kind of pain. Both of my parents have gone through so much pain to find love.

"No,sweetie.",she let out a breath,"I killed him."

No! My loving mother could never do that! She was always looking on the brighter side of things. A person like her couldn't kill someone,especially their mate. She must mean that she feels like it's her fault. My mother is not a killer!

"What!?"

"Listen honey he wasn't a good man."

"No! You're not like him!"

"He didn't–"

"He was your mate,how could you!?",I could feel tears prickling at my eyes.

"He took advantage of me and abused me. One day it got to be too much and I snapped. I don't regret it. It lead me to your father."

"This doesn't make sense."

Mates couldn't hurt each other. They're the person you're meant to be with. They're the person you love unconditionally. A werewolf couldn't hurt their soulmate. It goes against everything we believe in.

"I'm coming in!",David walked in with his eyes covered.

"Mother I have to go.",I hit end.

I let out a chuckle,"You can uncover your eyes."

"I just want to make sure–you're crying."

"It's nothing.",I wiped my tears.

"Come on.",he grabbed my hand,"We're going to get far from here and have a talk."

David took me to a Mexican restaurant two towns over. He said that it was his favorite and that he came here when he wanted to get away from the pressures of being the soon to be Beta's brother. There wasn't a food on the menu he hasn't tried. One time he actually overflowed one of their toilets.

"We've been here for an hour. If you don't start unloading we're going to have to go back."

"I–"

I've been eating my food silently while he talked. I couldn't get my mind off my mother admitting to killing her one true love. Alpha Arthur may have hurt my father,but at least he didn't kill him. David was trying to be a good friend and I'm trying to pay attention,but how could she do that to her mate? If he was abusive,why didn't she tell her Alpha?

"Okay. How about we talk about you and my older brother?"

"There is nothing to talk about."

"My tainted memories tell me there is."

"Fine.",I huffed,"It's not that there is nothing going on between us, I don't want there to be something."

"But, he was down in vagina town."

I rolled my eyes at his immatureness,"No, he was looking at my scar."

"Well,he definitely wants something to be going on."

"How would you know?"

Other than your his brother and you know him best.

"He's mind linking me to bring you home.",he smirked.

"Thank you for tonight.",I said once we were in the car.

"When your ready to talk about it,I'm here. If not Amanda cares about you too."

I nodded.

"My brother really does like you.", He smirked,"I don't know why? You're too violent for my type."

I hit his shoulder making him swerve,"Driving!"

"I like him too,but now is not the time for that."

"You can't choose when or who you fall in love with."

Who said anything about love?

"It's not a "at your convenience" sort of thing."

I shrugged,"Now is not the time."

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

QotC ||

David or Adam?

Teaser ||

"I come here when it gets to be too much.",he chuckled,"I used to sneak in here to see him. He was here to discuss something's with me for Alpha Blake. The first time I saw him I felt like I was being shot. What was I going to do with him when I already had Molly?"

AN ||

∞READ★VOTE★COMMENT∞