13|Minx

M13| 22 Sunday

"My-Molly will be coming home tonight. Please don't blame her for my mistakes."

Was he seriously about to say my mate!?

I looked up from my homework giving Alpha Arthur a glare,"I won't make a promise I might not be able to keep."

He sighed running a hand through his hair,"Molly is not at fault."

I sat up,"Did I say she was?"

"Your friend is helping with dinner. She said that dinner should be done soon.",He left.

My homework became a blur of words has I thought back to my conversation with Alpha Arthur. Molly may not have made the final decision for him to give up my father,but she was a factor. He felt responsible for her after her mate died. Everyone thought they made a good match. Apparently fate had it wrong.

My father thought that Molly would be a good Luna. In my opinion she was weak. Either that or she knew how to use her weakness to her advantage. She must have known that Alpha Arthur would give in to the pressures of the pack and his promise to her. Could I really pretend not to feel anything other than hate for her?

I could hear laughter coming from the other side of the doorway. She must have arrived while I was finishing my homework. What would she look like? I hope she's has evil as I want her to be. It'll be easier to hate her that way.

I took a deep breath and stepped into the room. Amanda was siting next to Tony smiling at something he must have said or done. I could see that her body was stiff though. She must have realized that Molly is more than just Tony's mother. Alpha Arthur ate his food silently has if his mind was troubled. Must be awkward to have your true mate's daughter in the same room has his replacement.

"She's fragile, don't take your anger out on her. I hate him too,but she is my mom.",Avery interrupted.

I nodded taking a seat between her and her father.

"Your aunt was-oh my goodness you're beautiful.",Molly stuttered.

What was I supposed to say to that? Yell at me, throw your plate at me! Don't be nice to me when I hate you! You hurt my father, damn it! How do I respond?

"Don't."

"You're his daughter aren't you?"

I nodded.

"He's dead?"

I nodded again.

"You son of a bitch!",Molly threw her plate at Alpha Arthur,"It's your fault!"

This had to be a power play. It was the only thing that made sense. Molly couldn't hate the man that sacrificed everything for her. He rejected his mate for her. They had two kids together.

"Mom!",Tony shouted.

"You think I don't know that!? I could barely make it to his funeral!"

"I can't do this right now.",I stood up walking out of the room.

2

Dear Arthur,

I used to never open my email,but now I use it all the time. My family and friends keep me updated on their lives. The lives I'm no longer included in. Cassandra has had her third child at twenty two which is crazy!

It was crazy. I couldn't even think of having a baby at twenty two. She had three! At least her job wasn't too demanding so she'd be able to take care of them. Now she had eight kids all together. How many kids will I have when I'm her age?

I remember when we used to joke about me being her liquor husband because of how much we partied.

Liquor husband?

I'm also now an uncle to three girls and one boy. I don't really know what I'm considered since Oliver is my cousin , but uncle is easier.

Uncle was easier.

Cassandra has also sent me pictures and I've printed them out for safe keeping. Seeing everyone that I care about settle done makes me jealous.

I looked down at the picture be was refuting to in the album.

We couldn't ever have a kid of our own.

You have me and mother, we will always love you.

"I was not expecting that!",Amanda walked into my room with a plate of food.

I quickly put everything back into the box and shoved it under my bed,"I hope she cut him."

"Do you think it was real?"

"I don't know,I was surprised."

"She stormed out after you. Avery followed her and Tony fired questions at Alpha Arthur."

"Did he answer any of them?"

"Of course he didn't! He's a coward!",she handed me the plate.

"Right.",I shoved food into my mouth.

"Did he mention him in the journal?"

I liked that I had someone here who I could be completely honest and share my opinions with. Amanda helped me figure things out when I was struggling. She understood my hatred for the Alpha, she hated him too. It wasn't the same calling my mother. She wanted me to be logical and empathetic. That's not who I am.

"Yeah,but I don't like what he said."

"He wasn't mad was he?"

"No! He was fucking understanding! I just-I can't!"

We stayed silent, both deep in our thoughts.

"So, seems someone is growing a crush."

"I can't help it! We haven't even been here a whole week and I'm already starting to like him!",she laid flat on my bed,"I know he's his son,but I can't help it."

"Than don't."

"What?"

"He's not his father. Have you ever thought that maybe he's your mate."

"I? Tony's a great guy and I like him a lot,but there's no way I'm his mate. He's been waiting for three years! Once he becomes Alpha he'll visit more packs and find his Luna there. I'll take what I can get for now."

Damn it, did she have to be a romantic!?

"It's okay to be selfish sometimes."

She nodded,"I will be,but I know it's only temporary."

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

QotC ||

Was Molly's outburst real?

Teaser ||

"Bleeding?",I looked down at myself,"If I die make sure you bury me with Alpha Arthur's heart in my hand."

AN ||

∞READ★VOTE★COMMENT∞