32|Minx

M32| 72 Wednesday

They better have gotten to Amanda in time. If they hadn't and she was dead I'd find someway to kill them. The rogues weren't treating me nicely and I don't want my sacrifice to be for nothing. I don't know why they took me. It's been two days and they haven't said much. The most interaction we've had is when they hit me.

"Walk faster.",one of them pulled at my arm.

"It takes time to heal. If you didn't want me to slow you down you should have been more careful with how you hit me."

"Fine.",he slapped me across the face making me stumble while I walked.

That's what you get for being a smart ass,Minx.

"Enough. We're almost there.",the leader spoke placing me over his shoulder again.

At least I thought he was the leader. He acted like he was in control and so did the others. What if they were bringing me to their real leader? What use would they have for me? I wasn't rogue material. Did they just keep me so they can kill me later?

I hated being near the leader. He was responsible for three of my scars and maybe Amanda's death. I wanted to hope that Amanda survived. There was a lot of blood when we left her. Most likely she was dead and I was alone.

Rogues killed my father and now they were going to kill me. It was my mother that was now truly alone. I wasn't strong enough and now she has no one. What were they going to tell her? What if she blames herself?

The rogue dropped me on the ground,"Do not cause trouble while you are here."

I tried to turn away from him, but he grabbed me by my ankle and started to drag me forward. Noises of what I assume were the other rogues could be heard has he brought us closer. A headache was starting to form at the back of my head. Was I going to be forced to be their source of entertainment? I'd kill whoever tried no matter if it means my death.

"Brother,is that any way to treat our guest?",a man with similar features to my captor stood before us with his arms crossed in mock disapproval.

"She's nothing special.",I yanked my ankle from his hold and stood.

"Please,excuse my brother. He never knew how to treat a beautiful woman."

He thinks calling me beautiful will improve the way I view him?

I grabbed my head trying to make it settle the dizziness from standing up,"Why am I not dead?"

"I can fix that.",my captor grabbed my arm.

"I think that you and I have much in common and can benefit from each other."

What could I ever have in common with a rogue?

"I'm no rogue."

He laughed,"You could be."

"I would never choose this life."

I belonged with people who understood the value of a life. Not all rogues were ruthless killers, but a lot of them were. I could not see myself living their way of life. My mother and I needed to be around others like us. If we hadn't had a pack the grief would have killed us or turned us into different people.

"Once you hear my offer you will change your mind."

Not likely.

"She's a waste of time,brother."

"Remember this is all for Monica."

My thoughts stayed on whoever Monica was to these rogues. Why did the mention of her stop my captor's anger toward me? I wanted to deny their food, but I needed the strength. Usually rogues killed their prisoners. There was no way I would trade my life to be mated to one of them. Dying to save myself from becoming one of them is the only option.

I wasn't told what the actual rogue leader had to offer me yet. Whatever it is I'm sure the answer will be no. Why was I singled out? They hadn't taken anyone else while they attacked. They were planning something and I needed to pay attention to whatever it was.

The chances of me ever escaping are low. I was guarded wherever I went. They weren't the kind of guards that stayed in the background either. They were quick to let me know what I was and was not allowed to do. Believing that I will see my mother again was important.

So I watched the rogues and listened when they spoke. They've been somewhat kind to me, but that could change at any time. I doubt that the seven men here were all of them. This camp they've set up is most likely temporary. Should I play along or focus on escaping?

"You've behaved today."

"Not much I could do with your guard dogs following my every move."

"Nonetheless you've proven you can behave. So, tonight you will be sleeping in my tent."

"Hell no!", I stood,"I am not here for your entertainment!"

"I thought you were going to behave, but I guess not."

"If that is what you brought me here for kill me now!", I punched him and tried to make a run for it.

I obviously didn't make it far.

"Like it or not you will be sleeping with me.",he took a pair of long chained handcuffs out of his pocket.

"These will keep you close.",he placed one side on my wrist and the other on his,"Move too much and you'll burn."

"What are you–ahh!",my wrist felt like it had touched fire,"How are you not affected!?"

"This side is not harmful to me.",he shrugged,"I'm not a fan of burn marks."

"You think I am!?"

"What you like is not important at the moment."

Sleeping was not easy with a rogue six inches away. No matter if I didn't have to worry about the handcuffs I wouldn't be able to find sleep anyway.Sleeping meant I was left vulnerable to the rogue. He hasn't hurt me,besides the burns from the handcuffs, so far,but that didn't mean he wouldn't. I had no idea what he was planning. There was no way he was kept me alive this long without a plan in mind.

I watched has he slept without a care. Killing him crossed my mind a few times. I could choke him with the chain or try to find a weapon without disturbing him. The truth was that I didn't have any options. With no sleep and no weapons I was soon to be useless, no amount of tugging on the handcuffs would change that.