18|Minx

M18| 32 Wednesday

"You have to do better than that if you want to defeat your opponent!"

I huffed picking myself back up,"I'm trying!"

"Try harder!"

For the past three days Avery has been training me to defend myself better. She was the only person who I knew wouldn't take it easy on me because of my recent encounter. Although she was only a year older I rarely saw her around the house. I figured she might have given college a try,but David said she didn't. That's when I found out that she's been training to become a Protector.

With the Alpha blood in her it would make it easier for her to keep up with them. Protectors were a different kind of strong compared to regular werewolves. I wanted to know why she was training with them and more importantly why she hated her father. So, I asked her for help. There was nothing wrong with me wanting to get to know my "step sister" better.

"You never know when you'll need to know all of this!",she shouted referring to what she's been teaching me.

I raised my fist,"I'm hoping never."

Yes, it was helpful to be able to protect myself and others,but I didn't want to have to. More than likely I'm going to have to though. Avery said that the nearby rouges have a problem with her father. They were daring enough to attempt an attack once, they would do it again. I needed to be able to protect Amanda and myself next time it happens.

"Thanks for this.",I pushed the door open for us to walk out.

"I like that you're not relaying on a man to protect you."

Oh here we go!

"Why did you decide to join the Protectors? It must be hard keeping up with them."

"It was at first,but my Alpha strength has helped a lot.",she looked ahead of us were all the men were training,"I needed a distraction from my life. Training with these men has helped me in more ways,it's strengthened me."

"What do you need distracting from?",I winced at one of the men's bloodied face.

"Besides knowing that my father is a heartless bastard who didn't treat his mate right?"

I nodded.

"I'm afraid that I will do the same. Tony has waited three years to find his mate and a year has already passed for me. I can't help thinking that it's fate's way of getting back at our dad."

"No.",I shook my head,"Your destiny is your own. There will come a time when it's your chance to find love. Not everyone finds their mate has soon has they come of age. Your mate will be worth waiting for."

"How can you still believe in all of that knowing what happened between our dads?"

"I don't want a mate for myself.", I turned to her,"Sister to sister?"

She shrugged.

"I'm afraid too. What if my happily ever after doesn't work out too? Sure,my father eventually found his happiness,but he had to go through a lot to get there. I don't know if I'm that strong."

"Wow.",she looked in my eyes with understanding,"I've always wanted a sister."

"Finally taken a break I see.",the man from the day with Adam stood before us.

"Minx,this is Protector Steven. He's the youngest to gain full status.",she pointed back at me,"Steven, this is my sister."

She actually considered me has her sister already?

"And,how old were you when you achieved such a great achievement?",I crossed my sore arms.

"Twenty.",Steven stood proudly.

I nod impressed.

"Sorry to interrupt,but Little Minx is to come with me."

I glared up at the intruding Alpha,"Why would I do that?"

"To bond of course."

Avery scoffed beside me,"Tony's with Adam if its company you're looking for."

"I haven't spent much time with Minx. It is her company I wish for."

Was that a dig at Avery?

"You mean command."

He shrugged,"Come along now Little Minx."

Alpha Arthur walked me through the pack grounds silently. Pack members nodded respectably and sneaked looks at me has we passed. He didn't say much to them,but he smiled to each member. I was surprised with how open he was with all of them. He was never like that around any of us at his house.

Alpha Arthur lead us to a building that I haven't dared go into yet. He held the door open for me with a hand held in my direction. I scoffed walking ahead of him into the building. To the right was a stairway and in front of us was a hallway that opened up into a living area. It reminded me of a cabin my father took me to when we went "camping".

"They think you're my love child.",he chuckled taking a seat on the couch.

"The truth isn't any less scandalous.",I sat on the seat across from him.

"This is where the visiting packs stay. Your father stayed here once too."

I froze.

"Come I'll show you.",He stood up slowly offering me his hand.

Should I take it?

He rolled his eyes,"Come now,Little Minx. I wouldn't hold a hand against you. Take my hand and I'll show you."

Upstairs on the second door to the left held a sign that said,"None enter this room,Alpha Arthur's orders". He opened the door and sat on the bed with a sigh. His eyes were closed has he rubbed his hands against the blanket. I could almost see the memories passing by his eye lids.

I didn't want to sympathize with him. He caused my father and my family pain. He didn't say anything while he sat on the bed. I watch the pain flit across his face at the memories of my father. I can't believe he kept this room.

"I come here when it gets to be too much.",he chuckled,"I used to sneak in here to see him. He was here to discuss something's with me for Alpha Blake. The first time I saw him I felt like I was being shot. What was I going to do with him when I already had Molly?"

"Reject him and send him packing."

"You are welcome to stay in here when you need time to think has long has you don't mind sharing."

"My father always taught me to share things. To bad for you he wasn't okay with sharing a mate.",I walked out of the room and stormed my way out the front door.

※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※※

QotC ||

Is Arthur a bad person?

Teaser ||

"Before you go calling me a slut",I pointed my finger at Amanda,"you should know that your date dressed me! Oh, and that dress you're admiring so much is the one I picked out!"

AN ||

Thoughts so far?

Do tell me if you're enjoying the story!

Vote and comment if you liked it!

∞READ★VOTE★COMMENT∞