23|Minx

M23| 43 Sunday

Avery stopped abruptly,"You're hurting."

I looked down at my sweaty body assessing it for injury. I thought I was getting better at protecting myself. My back hasn't hit the mat nearly as much as it used to. I couldn't see any obvious wounds from just looking down at myself. Maybe she meant I had internal bruising.

"In here.",she pointed to the center of my chest,"He's hurting too."

I winced,"I'd rather not talk about him."

Four days have passed since I lied to Adam. My heart hurt and I could tell his did too. He's tried to talk to me,but I ignored his attempts. I made a decision for the both of us and it would work out for the best. We may be hurting now,but eventually we'll forget about the feelings we had for each other.

Amanda's birthday was soon and after that it was mine. I should probably leave before my birthday comes anyway. I'd be sad to leave Amanda behind,but she'll have Tony. Staying for my birthday meant officially accepting that Adam and I had no chance. I'd rather have my memories of what could have been than to know there would be no hope for us.

"Let's talk about something else than.",she sat down on the floor.

"What's it like being the daughter of an Alpha?",I sipped from the water bottle she handed me.

"What's it like being the daughter of his rejected mate?"

Did we really have to talk about my father?

"Confusing.",I readjusted my ponytail,"I hate what he did to my father,but without him I wouldn't be here."

She nodded,"It's tiring. I have to always be on guard because of who my father is. I was taken once when I was ten."

How could she trust anybody after that? I would never trust anyone's intentions towards me after that. Suddenly I felt bad for her. Finding out her parents' mating was a lie must have been hard for her. Who did she go to when she wanted to express herself? She obviously hasn't told Tony.

"They had the decency not to hurt me,but that didn't stop them from threatening to. I have to be respectful all the time,it's expected. No matter if I actually want to I have to do what's expected of me."

She had the same problem her father had. I remember from the letter Alpha Arthur wrote my father that he was scared not to do what was expected of him. The only thing my parents ever expected from me was too do the right thing no matter if I wanted to or not. That's why I decided to shield Adam and I from the oncoming pain of not working out.

"Every date I go on brings me less hope that I'll ever find my mate. They just want me for the power I will bring them and their pack. They could care less if I'm actually a good person or not."

"Are you?",I hesitantly asked.

"No.",she shook her head,"I hate my dad and a little part of me hates my mom too. I know that she didn't tell him to reject him and she tried to stop him,but a small part of me still holds her partly responsible. I hate my brother for being so oblivious. I want to tell him the truth,but I don't want him to become a bitter Alpha. Our pack deserves better."

"That's why I'm glad Amanda and him have connected. She's loyal and will do this pack good."

Avery nodded and got up off the mat.

"One more thing?"

She stopped at the door.

"Does it bother you what he called me?"

"Surprisingly,no. I could tell he was just has confused as we were when he said it. He doesn't know what to think about you. You are part of your dad and therefore he feels a connection to you. He may have failed your dad,but he won't fail you.",she pushed the door open leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Outside Protectors were busy strengthening themselves for any possibility of attack. They didn't notice me and I didn't notice them. My mind was too busy to greet my new friends. I needed somewhere to think. My father's room came to mind immediately.

I quickly made my way to my room to get clean and grab the box my father left me. It felt right to bring his things to the place that held his memories. No one was in the house,thankfully,but it did look like someone was preparing it for a pack's arrival. I could smell that the Alpha's scent in the room causing my face to scrunch up. I opened the window a crack to let fresh air in.

The box bounced slightly form being dropped on the bed. I put the photo album in the drawer at the bedside. I took the pillow from it's place and took out the shirt I folded into the box. A nap sounded nice right about now. I used the shirt has a case and cuddled the pillow to my chest.

5

Dear Arthur,

She's pregnant! I'm going to be a father! I can't believe it! In a way I'm glad that I've been through what I have because without it I wouldn't be having a baby girl. We haven't decided a name yet though.

I've been struggling with whether or not I'm going to contact my family. My parents were never really there to begin with. When I was younger I just stayed with Blake and Oliver. It's the reason why I partied so much. I figured if they didn't care why should I.

I guess I'll tell Cassandra and she'll tell everyone else. She's the one who always emails me even though I never respond. She's a great friend to have,shes never given up on me. I could always ask advice on what to do with a girl from her. Peter and her can't seem to get off each other.