Forever

Rin POV:

Haru held my hand as I carried him to the kitchen. Despite the fact that he's going to regret doing that kind of thing tomorrow, he seems completely relaxed. He nudges his face into the crook of my neck and sighs. I can feel the coolness of his skin even through our clothes. I guess he really is always cold...

I put Haru on a chair and wrapped him in a blanket. I felt bad about leaving him there cold, but he was always cold. And right now, we both need to eat something.

I grab 2 packs of PopTarts from the pantry and walk to the toaster. After warming them up, I brought them over to Haru, but he was falling asleep where he sat.

"Haru? Come on. If you don't eat, you'll feel sick later." He reluctantly opens his eyes and extends his right arm to me.

"I'll eat them if you hold me. Blankets aren't the same as body heat..." He mumbles the last part as if he was embarassed. I chuckle and pick him up.

"I'll take care of you, Haru. I promise." He smiles as I bring his body up to my chest. I handed him 2 of the PopTarts and he ate them quickly. I did the same with mine and soon, we were headed back to Haru's room to sleep.

I crawl in under the covers with a certain raven haired boy holding me close. Haru quickly falls asleep once he's found a comfortable spot in my embrace. I love how he smiles in his sleep. He looks so at peace when he clings to me like this. He does this subconciously now, and that makes me strangely happy.

Haru seems to like it when I stroke his hair. He nudges at my left side like usual, trying to find a spot where he could hear my heartbeat. I kiss his forehead once he finds a suitable area and closed my eyes to drift off to sleep...
_________________________
(Rin's Dream)

Haru and I are walking down the street together on his birthday. We brought a picnic with us, and we're headed for Iwatobi Elementary School to sit under the Sakura trees to eat.

Haru has this adorable grin on his face and looks absolutely overjoyed when he sees the old building. I couldn't help but smile when I saw him like that. I knew that he treasured the memories from his time in this school. He truly loved his alma-matter (Elementary school). That's why I chose this spot.

Our meal was full of laughing and talking. Maybe a little cuddling here and there... I hold Haru's hand and stare at the sky while sipping on his home-made strawberry lemonade.

When we'd finished eating, I take Haru to the wall our swim club had marked as their own. I took both his hands in my own and kissed them.

After a long speech about how much I loved him, I bent down on one knee and pulled a small black box out of my pocket. When I open it to reveal the two rings inside, Haru's whole face flushed and he smiled bigger than I've ever seen. His eyes filled with tears and he only manages to breathe out a small "Yes..." as I slide one of the rings on his left-hand's ring finger. He did the same to me and pulled me into a kiss that lasted until the end of my dream...
_________________________
(Reality)

I wake up to find Haru still curled up on my chest, breathing lightly. He was awake though, and he turned his face to me when he noticed that I was too.

"We slept for a long time Rin. It's already 6:00. It was half-past 1:00 when we fell asleep." Haru smiles and places a hand over my heart. I feel my pulse quicken and I chuckle when he seemingly begins to investigate my arms: which were bare because I was in a tank top. I flexed my muscles slightly and Haru made sort of a squealing noise.

"Gou's really been rubbing off on you huh?" I said with a smirk as I wrapped my arms around my boyfriend.

"I've always found your muscles attractive. I just never felt like I could let myself marvel at them, because I didn't know you were in to me too." Haru blushes. God, he's adorable!

I pull him in for a kiss. Haru still couldn't move his lower half, but he didn't seem to be in pain... yet. It'll come eventually. But when the pain finally settles, I'll be there to hold Haru close and rock him to sleep. I'll always be there. Forever.