Chapter 22

Zak was in the shower, he was getting ready and then he said he would take me back to my hotel room so I could change out of this dress. Thank god, this dress was starting to get itchy. I was sitting on the couch drinking water, my headache was still there but the aspirin was starting to help it a little. I still couldn’t believe that Zak kissed me. Out of all the girls he could have, he wanted me. 

I was still trying to gather my thoughts from the whole situation. Zak actually cared about me… I couldn’t believe it. A small smile made its way on to my face the more I thought about Zak. I could still feel the weight of his perfect lips against mine and it made my heart beat pick up. A guy has never had this effect on me; did that mean that I really did have feelings for him? I never thought about it before, but I guess now would be a good time before whatever we have goes any farther. 

My thoughts were only making my headache worse, so I pushed them out of my head. Instead I focused on the decoration of his living room. The walls were white, and the furniture was black. The wall to the right was a bookshelf, all the way to the ceiling. My curiosity got the best of me, again, and I got up to inspect the books on the bookshelf. Maybe he had something interesting to read. 

I scanned the spines of the books; most of them were books about the paranormal. One book caught my eye; it was a book about demons. There wasn’t an author, and it wasn’t even really a title. I grabbed the book but it wouldn’t budge. I pulled on it harder and I heard a clicking sound. The bookshelf to the right of me slid open. I stared at the opening in wonder, what the hell? I checked behind me to make sure that Zak was still upstairs. Once I thought he wouldn’t be coming down, I made my way over to the entrance. 

It was a dark hallway, but there was a light illuminating at the end. I walked towards it, and was suddenly overwhelmed with the sensation of spirits. I hadn’t realized all the spirits that actually resided in Zak’s house, I was too caught up in my own emotions to take notice. I made my way towards the light, and ended up in a small room. There were skulls and crosses placed around the room. I finally figured out that this was Zak’s dungeon. The single chair in the center of the room gave it away. 

I actually found his dungeon; maybe he should keep it better hidden. I smiled as I looked around the room. I loved this room, I know I haven’t seen his whole house, but this room is my favorite. It was dark and eerie, just the way I liked it. I heard Zak coming down the stairs, his heavy footsteps giving him away. I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to be in here, so I quickly made my way out. I pushed the demon book back into place, and the bookshelf slid into place just as I heard Zak call my name. 

“Amaryllis, are you ready to go?” He called from by the front door. 

I let out a sigh of relief. “Yeah, I’m ready. Just let me slip on my death shoes.” I complained. 

“Your what?” He chuckled. 

“My heels.” 

“Why do you call them your death shoes?” 

“Because they hurt like hell, that’s probably why I got so drunk last night. I couldn’t stand the pain of the heels.” I laughed to myself. 

“I’m sure that’s it. If they hurt you why do you wear them?” He asked. 

“Because they matched the dress.” I shrugged. He just laughed at me. 

“I’ll never understand women.” He smiled. “And I never got the chance to tell you that your dress looks stunning on you.” 

I felt a blush creep up on my cheeks. “T-thank you.” I stuttered. I quickly looked away from him; I bent down to pick up my shoes and slipped them on. The heels gave me about 3 inches in height, so I was actually a little bit taller than Zak’s shoulder. I grabbed my handbag and waited for Zak to grab his keys before we headed to his car. He opened the passenger door and I slid into my seat, he shut the door once I was in and headed around to the other side. I buckled up and told him where my hotel was once he was in the car. 

He backed out and started driving. The smell of his cologne hit me, and it was amazing. I don’t think I’ve ever been turned on by a smell before. The sudden urge to reach out and kiss him washed over me. 

*Zak’s P.O.V*

Amaryllis and I were in my car, I was taking her home. She was humming to the music on the radio while I tried to focus on my driving. I couldn’t concentrate with her this close to me, she smelled so intoxicating. God, does she know what she’s doing to me?

She was staring at me; I could feel her purple eyes bore into my neck. She reached out and turned the radio down. I gave her a questioning look. “What’s wrong?” I asked. She just looked at me and smiled. She started leaning closer and closer to me. Her face was inches away. She leaned down and kissed my neck. She trailed kisses and soft bites all over my neck. 

“Zak.” She whispered in the most seductive voice I’ve ever heard, her breath fanned my neck as she continued with kissing. A soft moan escaped my lips. I was starting to swerve on the road. I couldn’t focus; her lips were sending shivers all through my body. 

I pulled over to the side of the road and turned to face her. She just continued to softly bite my neck. She stopped and gazed up at me a small smile playing on her lips. “Something wrong?” She asked.

“God damn it.” I mumbled as I unbuckled myself and pulled her into my lap. She gasped at my sudden movement, but she soon relaxed. I attacked her lips, she quickly responded. Our lips moved in synch. I licked her bottom lip hoping she would let me in. She smiled into the kiss and bit my lip return. I moaned again. This girl was going to be the death of me. After a little more teasing she finally opened up. My tongue darted in her mouth, tasting her. Our tongues massaged against each other, this was one of the most passionate kisses I’ve ever experienced. 

I pulled away and stared at her, I need to catch my breath. She leaned forward and kissed along my jawline. I tilted my head back to give her better access. “I think you should take me back to my hotel room.” She said against my neck. I shivered as her breath tickled me. 

She pulled away and smiled. Her eyes were the darkest purple I’ve ever seen, filled with lust, want, and need. She slid off my lap and buckled herself in. I almost whined at the sudden coldness I felt. 

*Amaryllis’s P.O.V*

Where the hell did that sudden burst of courage come from? I was sitting back in my seat now, and the smile wouldn’t leave my face. I don’t know what demon possessed me to do what I just did, but I was happy for it. Zak was staring at me, and we were still on the side of the road. 

“What’s wrong?” I asked, I couldn’t get the smile to leave no matter how hard I tried. 

“I-I-I what was that?” He stuttered. He looked like he was trying to get himself together. 

“I honestly have no idea; I just felt the need to do that… So I did.” I shrugged my shoulders. 

He smiled at me. “Yeah, well you could’ve killed us. I couldn’t stop swerving. Next time warn me.” He chuckled and shook his head. 

“Next time?” I asked. 

“Yeah? You thought I was just going to drop you off at your hotel and leave?” He stared at me again. 

I shrugged. “I don’t know, I didn’t want you too, but I wasn’t going to force you to stay with me.” 

“Like I said before, you’re stuck with me.” He laughed. The smile on my face grew wider. I don’t think I’ll mind being stuck with him. 

“Lets just get back to my hotel before Izzy thinks you’ve kidnapped me.” I chuckled. He nodded in agreement and pulled off the side of the road. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another chapter! Would guys read another one of my stories? It's not a fanfic, but it's a romance story that takes place during the zombie apocolyapse. If you guys are interested in reading it, I'll gladly post it. Just let me know in the comments! Thank you guys for reading! Love you all <3