Chapter 3

I woke up the next morning feeling pretty good. I had slept well last night so I was more awake when I woke up. I rolled out of bed and walked to the kitchen to start coffee. Izzy was already in the kitchen making it. She looked over her shoulder at me. “Good morning.” She said. 

“Morning, how long have you been up?” I asked, she normally sleeps until noon. 

“I got up at about 8:30, so only an hour.” She said. 

“Wow, you got up early. How come you didn’t sleep until noon?” I tried not to laugh.

“Shaddap. I just couldn’t wait until we went to the library... I really want to help Summer. No one deserves to be stuck here, she seems like such a nice little girl. And it’s so sad that she died at such a young age. I just really want to help her.” She smiled at me, she seemed very sincere. 

“Well, I’m glad that you really want to help. Let me just get a least a cup of coffee in me and then I’ll hop in the shower.” I smiled back. 

“Okay! You drink your coffee and I’ll go shower now.” She rushed out of the kitchen and down the hallway. I laughed to myself and poured a cup of coffee. Coffee is amazing in the morning, I can’t live without it. I made my way into the living room and plopped down on the couch. Deciding that watching TV was better then staring at a blank screen, I turned it on. It was an old rerun of Ghost Adventures. I smiled and sipped my coffee, as they investigated the Lizzie Borden House. It was one of my favorite episodes. 

Once I was done with my coffee and the episode was over, I went to make sure that Izzy was done getting ready. The bathroom was open so I went in and shut the door behind me. I turned on the water and let it warm up while I stripped down. I stepped in and let the warm water cascade down my back, making me feel relaxed and calm. I stood there for a little bit longer, then I soaped up my body and hair and rinsed everything off. I got out and wrapped a towel around me. 

I made my way to my bedroom to get dressed. I decided on wearing my plain black v-neck, black skinny jeans, and my black combat boots. Yes, I enjoy dark things... It’s in my nature... Don’t judge. I made my way back into the bathroom and blow dried my hair, I let it fall in its natural waves. I looked in the mirror and my purple eyes stared back. I have what they call Alexandria Genesis, it’s a genetic problem. It causes your eyes to be purple and you don’t get hair, or periods. It’s really a blessing actually. Except for every time someone comes up to me and says you have purple eyes! No really, I’ve only had them for 24 years now. I didn’t know. 

I sighed and brushed out my blonde hair. I put on some mascara and lip gloss and called it good. I never wear to much makeup, it’s normally just mascara. I walked out of the bathroom and into the living room. Izzy was already done and waiting for me. “You ready?” I asked. 

“Yes. Let’s go! Are we taking your Jeep?” She asked before she ran out the door. 

“Yeah, but you’re parked behind me, so you’re gonna have to move your car.” I threw her, her keys. She ran out the door and I heard her slam her car door shut. She started up her car and backed up next to the mailbox. I walked out of the front door and locked it behind me. She was already at the passenger by the time I made it to my side. “God, you’re crazy.” I laughed at her. She just shook her head as she climbed in. 

“So do you have any idea how we’re going to tackle this?” She asked me. I thought about it for a moment. 

“Well, I guess we could ask the librarians if they know about a children’s hospital in the mid-1800‘s, and if they do hopefully they can point us in the right direction from there.” I shrugged my shoulders. She sighed and stared out the window on our way to the library. When we arrived I pulled up to a front parking spot and shut off the car. Izzy almost fell out as she tried to get out as fast as she could. I laughed at her failure, she stuck her tongue out at me. “Real mature, I didn’t know we were five.” I laughed even harder. She laughed too this time.