Chapter 19

It’s Sunday afternoon! Our flight leaves in 5 hours and Izzy and I are scrambling to get the last of our stuff together, because of course, we procrastinate. Izzy was so excited to go, she hoped she would see Aaron again. I told her that the guys had an off week this week, and she literally got up and did a happy dance. I’ve never seen Izzy this flustered over a guy before, it’s normally the other way around. She always has guys falling at her feet. I mean why wouldn’t she? She’s gorgeous, one of the prettiest girls I’ve ever seen.

I finally grabbed my makeup off the bathroom counter, the last thing I needed. I shoved the small big inside my suitcase and zipped it up. I rolled the giant bag out to the living room and shouted at Izzy. “C’mon! The taxis here!” I yelled to her. 

“Coming! I’ll be out in a second!” She yelled back. I stood by the front door, tapping my foot impatiently. Izzy came racing out of the bedroom with her suitcase rolling along behind her. She nearly knocked me over when she ran by me.   

“Jeez! Slow down!” I laughed when she slipped going down the stairs. She managed to catch herself before she fell flat on her ass. She turned around and glared at me. I just continued to laugh as I locked the door.

We got all of our stuff shoved into the back of the taxi, then plopped inside with a sigh of relief. We had 4 hours now until our flight took off; we were so excited we were literally bouncing up and down in our seat. 

The taxi pulled up in front of the airport, I paid him and then got out. Izzy and I lugged our suitcases to baggage check, and then headed for the long line of security check. I was starting to get impatient when the line continued to move slowly. Izzy huffed out; I could tell she was just as impatient as I was. We finally managed to make it through security after nearly an hour of waiting in line. I almost gouged my eyes with a rusty spoon while standing there. 

We headed to the small coffee shop near our gate and got some coffee before we finally sat down at our gate. Izzy entertained herself with her phone while I just sat there and watched all the lonely spirits roaming around the airport. They obviously didn’t know they were dead; at least that’s what I thought. There were actually a lot of spirits here, more then I expected to actually be. I’m assuming they all died from plane crashes, the plane probably left from this airport or the plane actually crashed nearby. 

My heart almost broke when I noticed a little girl spirit, she was lost and confused. She tried shouting at all the people that walked by her, but she wasn’t getting any responses. I watched as she stood right in front of someone, and they walked right through her. The little girl screamed an ear piercing scream. I covered my ears before my eardrums exploded. 

People looked at me weirdly, Izzy included. The little girl must have noticed my motion, because she was staring at me intently. I removed my hands from my ears and tried to ignore the little girls stare, but I could literally feel her eyes burning holes in the side of my face.

I let out a sigh and raised my head to look at her; she was still staring at me. The minute she knew I could see her, her eyes got the size of golf balls. She came running over to me, running through people if they were in her way. I smiled at how intent she was on getting over to me; she had a look of determination across her face. 

“Yo-you can see me?” She asked the moment she was in front of me. I gave her a nod in return; I didn’t want to start talking to her. People would notice that I was talking to nothing, and eventually they would start asking questions.  

“How is that possible?” She eyed me curiously. 

I stood up and told Izzy I was going to the bathroom real quick. I motioned for the little girl to follow me. She understood and was drifting behind me; I noticed that her feet didn’t really touch the floor. She was basically hovering above it. Instead of going to the bathroom, I made a quick turn that led down a darker corridor, a more quite place where no one was. 

“Look, Yes I can see you, and it’s because I have a certain gift. I can see and communicate with spirits. But, I’m about to leave for a vacation, so I can’t help you right now. But when I get back, I promise I will do everything I can for you.” I quickly said in a rushed sentence. I just wanted to get back to my gate before they started boarding. 

“What do you mean spirits? Doesn’t that mean ghosts?” She was confused again. Wait… She didn’t know she was dead? My eyes suddenly grew wide as she tried making the connection to her. 

“Look sweetie.” I kneeled down to her level. “You are a spirit… which means that you have, er, well you have passed away.” I wasn’t quite sure how to tell this adorable little girl that she had died.

“No! That can’t be! I can’t be dead! I have to go see mommy!” She turned and ran away. I tried calling after her, she just ignored me. I ran down the corridor and looked to see if I could find her in the sea of people. But there wasn’t any sign of her. 

I huffed and went back to Izzy. She smiled at me as I approached. “Perfect timing! They are getting ready to start boarding right now!” She was all cheery. I smiled back at her, quickly covering the fact that I had just told a little girl that she was dead. 

Izzy and I grabbed our carry-on and headed towards the flight attendant scanning tickets. We each handed her our ticket, and she smiled and gave us a nod. We walked down the long boarding corridor and onto the nice plane. We didn’t have first class, but middle class looked nice. This was a smaller plane, so it was only two to a row. Thank god Izzy and I got seats next to each other, or I’m pretty sure I would’ve stabbed my eyes out. 

I shoved my bag into the storage compartment and then Izzy threw hers at me. I caught it and fell backwards onto some other guy that was boarding the plane. He caught me in his arms; I quickly stood up right, a blush setting my cheeks on fire.

“I’m so sorry. My friend threw her bag at me and my balance is terrible. I didn’t mean-” I was rambling. I always rambled when I get nervous.

The guy chuckled. “Oh damn it, I thought you just fell for me.” He gave me one of the most adorable smiles I have ever seen in my life. I’m surprised I didn’t melt on the floor right there.

I couldn’t help but smile back. I took that chance to actually look at him. He had dark brown shaggy hair and bright green eyes. There was a dimple in his left cheek right above his lip. He was taller than me (but who wasn’t), and he looked like he had some muscles on him. Over all he was pretty attractive. 

“My name is Dustin by the way.” He laughed when he noticed I was staring. 

“Amaryllis.” My blush grew redder. 

“Pretty name.” He smiled again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the delay guys! I've just been going through a lot. But let me know what you think? Thank you for reading! I love you all! <3