Chapter 15

Zak and I entered Jay’s room again, and everyone was staring at us. I didn’t know why. I felt a blush creep up my cheeks and I looked down. “Why is everyone staring at us?” I whispered just loud enough for Zak to hear. He just shrugged his shoulders in response. He’s helpful. I took my place back on the couch and grabbed the laptop. I put the headphones back in my ears and resumed the video where I left off. 

About 5 minutes after I started watching again; I noticed that the guys were talking. I paused the video and was going to take my headphones out, but I heard my name. I stopped. Were they talking about me? I tried to hear what they were saying, but it was difficult with the headphones on. 

“Amaryllis caught some great footage.” Zak was telling them about the manifestation.

“Really? That’s cool. Is that why you guys were out there for so long?” Nick questioned. 

“Yeah, partly. Right as I opened the door she was heading for the elevator. I think she was planning on leaving.” Zak whispered.

  “Why would she leave if she caught good evidence?” Aaron wondered out loud. 

“Well, when I watched the manifestation, after it disappeared… She started talking to herself. And that’s not the first time she’s done it before. She did it when we were investigating Darren’s room, and even outside of the hospital she was talking to herself. When I went out there to talk to her, I asked why she was doing that. You wanna know what she told me?” He had an amused smile on his face. Wait! Was he seriously going to tell them?! And he doesn’t believe me?! 

“Yeah man. What did she say?” Nick prodded. 

“She said that she can see and communicate with spirits.” He tried to hold in his laughter, but a chuckle escaped. 

“Seriously?!” Nick and Aaron chuckled with him. I instantly felt tears brim my eyelids. How dare him! I ripped the headphones out of my ears and shot to my feet. I spun around and glared at Zak. 

“YOU DICK!”I yelled at him. “What the fuck do you think you’re doing?! I told you a secret that only Izzy knows, and not only did you lie to my face and told me you believed me. You also told Nick and Aaron?!” I was almost screaming at him. He was just staring at me wide-eyed. “I thought you were a kind and trustworthy person, Zak. I even thought I was getting feelings for you.” I chuckled dryly at my own thoughts. 

“I-I-” Was all he could say. 

“Exactly! You can’t even say anything. You didn’t think I was listening. I can’t even believe I trusted you. I’ve only you known you for 3 damn days, and I told you. I’ve known Izzy for 16 fucking years, and I didn’t tell her until 4 days ago. I can’t even believe this; I was so mesmerized by how passionate you are about the paranormal, and how caring you are towards your friends. But I guess I was wrong to think those things of you. Fuck you, Zak.” I couldn’t stop the tears from flowing from eyes now. I turned and ran out of the room, my vision blurry. I reached the elevator and threw myself in as soon as the doors opened. 

I reached my car and just sat there, crying like an idiot. I can’t believe I trusted him. I’m such an idiot. I laid my head down on the steering wheel and cried. Once the tears subsided for a little bit, I started up the car and headed home. 

*Zak’s P.O.V*

“Fuck you, Zak.” Izzy said as tears poured out of her eyes. She turned and ran out the hotel room. I couldn’t move; I was stuck there. She said she thought she was getting feelings for me. What have I done? She would’ve been the first girlfriend I’ve ever had that would’ve accepted the darker part of me.