(Summer) Chapter 22

Start from the beginning

Koujiro took the first swing of his shinai, in which Hinako immediately deflects with her own and sends it upwards. Koujiro was open, vulnerable, and Hinako was about to aim for his side until he immediately shields his body, fast on his reflexes. Hinako smiles under her head armor, impressed on how her upperclassman developed such a fast reflex in his years of doing kendo.

The two crossed shinais with one another, strength versus strength. But Koujiro, with all of his developed muscle and excellent swordsmanship, was able to overpower Hinako. He pushes his underclassman's shinai towards the side, making her swing sideways and losing her balance. She looks back at Koujiro and her eyes widened as his shinai taps her head armor. She fell flat on the grassy ground.

"Suzuhana-san," Koujiro immediately takes his head armor off and walks up to Hinako. He kneels on one knee and extends a hand to her. "are you all right? I'm sorry about that."

Hinako pushes herself up by propping her elbows on the ground. She takes off her head armor and smiles at her senior, taking his hand. "I'm all right, Sasaki-senpai," he helps her up. "Why are you so frantic about me getting hurt?"

"I hit your head with my shinai," he replies, worry spreads across his face.

"It's all right. I was wearing head protection, senpai," Hinako replies sweetly, brushing off some dirt from her bogu. She looks back up to the worried upperclassman. "I'm perfectly fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure," a pink blush slightly painted her cheeks as she sends another smile towards her upperclassman.

Koujiro, seeing Hinako smile like that, made his heart drop to his stomach. He thought that it was an angelic smile; a beautiful smile. He can't help but blush when he thought that he wouldn't mind seeing Hinako smile like that for him everyday. But, he shook his head, brushing off the thoughts away, thinking that he sounds like a pervert. He does not want to be labeled like Asuto.

"Come on, Gil-kun! Lay off of me, will you?!" Asuto cries, still being chased by the angry monster of the kendo team.

"Like hell I'll do that!" Gil hisses, still swinging his shinai.

"I said I was sorry! I'll make it up to you, I promise!"

"Then let me beat you to a pulp first! Why you little...!"

Gil and Asuto ran outside, towards the grassy space of the dojo. Gil, in one quick swing, threw his shinai at Asuto's direction. Asuto turns around and his face sunk in horror as he saw a flying shinai towards him. The tip of Gil's shinai hits Asuto's forehead and sent him walking backwards.
Koujiro saw that Asuto was about to hit Hinako, so he shielded her. Unfortunately for them, Asuto tripped onto a very, very small rock that was on the ground. As Koujiro held him by the shoulders, he was outweighed and fell on his back in the process. Hinako shrieked as two of her seniors fall helplessly over her.

"That hurts," Asuto mumbles, rubbing his forehead. "Gil-kun, you meanie!"

Gil hurriedly walks up to Asuto and grabs him by the hand. Asuto smiled at his friend's friendly gesture.

"Oh, thanks, Gil-kun. You're a-" but Gil pulled too hard onto Asuto and sent him flying, falling onto the grassy ground, face flat.

Gil proceeded to take Koujiro's hand, to his surprise, and was given the same treatment as Asuto. "Hey, what gives?!"

Hinako's lower body was in pain as her legs were bent when she fell. 'That hurts,' she thought in pain but felt relief when the weight over her disappeared.

"Suzuhana, are you all right?" A familiar voice asks.

She opens her eyes and slowly looks up, seeing the golden-haired upperclassman kneeling on one knee and a hand was extended out to her.