The Way You're Lovin' Me Now: Epilogue

I thought long and hard about whether I should do a squeal to this story or not. At first, I was going to go for it but the closer I got to the end, the more I felt like a squeal might kill the feeling of the story. I might still do a squeal in the future but for now you get an epilogue. Enjoy :)

Six Years Later.....

"Ella! Haley! You better be getting ready to go!" Cole and I were in our bedroom packing our stuff to go spend two weeks in Georgia. I heard the girls running around in their bedroom, probably jumping from bed to bed. "How did we ever think that putting those two in a room together would be a good idea?"

"I don't know. We'll blame it on this little guy. It is sort of his fault." He was about to bend down to talk to my stomach when we heard a loud crash come from the other room. We both rushed out of the room and into the hallway but slowed down a little when we heard their giggles. Still, we knew they had to have knocked something over so we walked to their room anyway.

"Girls!" I saw dresser drawers open and knew what happened. They had a tall dresser in there and they were probably trying to climb it to sit on the top. I probably tried it with a dresser of mine as a kid too.

"Better run girls, your mother's going to middle name you." He chuckled and I glared at him. They didn't need to think this was funny.

"No I'm not, but I have a question. Were you trying to climb the dresser?" They stared at me, not wanting to tell. "Did it almost tip over so you got off and it fell back in place?" Again, just stares. "I'm not mad but you need to know that you can't climb furniture. You could get really hurt. So no more of that, okay?"

"Okay, mommy." Their little voices spoke together and I smiled.

"Now, pick the toys you want to bring with you, we have to leave in an hour." I walked back to the bedroom where Cole had disappeared to. He was acting like he didn't notice me in the doorway because he knew he was the one in trouble. When he turned to grab something, I walked in between where his suitcase was on the bed and him. He turned back around and set the shirt he had on the bed.

"Uh oh, folded arms. You're not going to middle name me, are you?"

"I don't know. Do you think I should? I mean, you were supposed to secure that dresser to the wall when you moved it in there three days ago."

"I guess I've got it coming then?"

"No, actually because you like that."

"Nobody likes getting their middle name called."

"From me, you do. Trust me I've figured that out by now."

"Can you blame me?"

"Just make sure you secure the dresser when we get back, alright?" I shook my head and tried walking away but he grabbed my hand. "What? I told the girls to be ready in an hour and I don't even know if I'll be ready then."

"They can't tell time yet. And I didn't get to say good morning to Max." He put his hands on my stomach and I rested mine on the top of it. I felt huge for only being six months along.

"You're really still stuck on Max, huh?"

"Say the whole name out loud, it'll sound better to you."

"Maxwell and Swindell are never going to sound right together. Honey, I'm fine with Max. In fact, I love it. But, it's gotta be Maxton or something along those lines."

"Colden Maxton Swindell. I suppose that's okay." I suddenly felt him kick his feet and Cole must've felt it too. "Are you telling me you like that name?" I smiled because I knew how much he couldn't wait until he and his son were able to do things together. It showed every time he talked to him. He stood up and placed his hand on my cheek. "I really do love that. It's perfect."