Boomerang

"Look, I'm sorry if I made you nervous, I didn't mean to--"

Cole cut him off. "Cut the crap. Who the hell are you!?" Cole was pissed off and I think he scared the guy. Wasn't anything he didn't deserve though.

"I'm sorry but Bridgette, I'm your dad." I was caught off guard to say the least but I quickly got over it and became angry.

"I don't have a dad. My father didn't stick around when I was born. He's nonexistent to me. If that's who you are, I don't care, we've got to go." I took Cole's hand and tried to walk away.

"Wait, I know what I did was wrong but I was hoping I could correct that now."

"You're going to miraculously correct 27 years of not being around? That's impossible so why even try?"

"Because you've got brothers and a sister who I'm sure would love to meet and get to know you."

"How old are they?" I was curious now. He left my mom to take care of me but then went ahead and had another family?

"Grant's 22, Kyle's 19, and Izzy is 17."

"So let me get this straight, you got my mom pregnant, then left the day she told you about it, and then a mere five years later, started having another family!? Which I'm sure is still together today!"

"Bridge, I'm--"

"Don't call me that! You haven't earned that."

"Okay, I'm sorry, but please hear me out."

"Why should I? You didn't care about me when I was a kid, why would you care now?"

"I thought it might be nice for you to at least have a relationship with your siblings. Hate me all you want but they didn't do anything to you."

"They know about me then?"

"Yes. Izzy found a picture of me and your mother and asked who it was. I'd felt so guilty about not telling them they had another sister that it all spilled out."

"So this isn't about knowing me at all. This is about making it right with your real family."

"No, listen--"

"No, you listen. I don't ever want to see you again. Even the fact that you thought I would be okay with you showing up here like this is ridiculous."

"I understand your anger but if you could just take this. It has my number and address on it. We live about a half hour from here. Call or stop by anytime you want."

"I don't want to and I never will."

"Please? All I ask is that you think about it. If you call, I'll even make sure that Grant, Kyle, and Izzy are the only ones there when you come over. Just so you can meet them. Please."

"Fine. I'll take this but that doesn't mean I'm considering anything. They've been fine without me up until this point, I don't know why they wouldn't be fine without me now." I snatched the piece of paper from him and walked away with Cole close beside me.

"Thank you!"

"You're not welcome. I only took it so the conversation could end!"

I walked up onto the bus and sat on the couch. Cole was going to sit down to talk to me but I said that he could grab his shower and then come talk to me. I looked at the piece of paper with the phone number and address. Was I really considering going to meet them? I don't know what good it would do.

"That's certainly something we weren't expecting tonight, huh?" Cole came out and sat next to me.

"That was quick."