Stay Downtown

After the few shows in North and South Carolina, I came back to Nashville. I had things to do here and more importantly, I had to get away from the crazy shenanigans of the guys on the bus. Sure it was fun for a few days but I was quickly becoming the target of every prank and they were starting to drive me nuts.

I had to get back to the business anyway. Today I was meeting a couple potential buyers for it and I was hoping that one of them would be the ones that I'd sell to. I didn't want to drag things out longer than needed. The first meeting was at 10am so I had another hour before I needed to be at the office. I knew Cole probably wouldn't be awake yet so I sat around playing on my phone before leaving. I jumped slightly when it started ringing in my hands.

"Hey Han, what's up?"

"Just wanted to see if you had plans for tonight."

"I do, why what's up?"

"What exactly are your plans?"

"I have a date."

"Um, I'm sorry what? Cole's on tour, who would you be going out with?"

"I never said I was going out."

"Alright Bridge, if this is one of your stupid jokes just get it out and over with so I can convince you that you're coming out with me tonight instead."

"It's not a joke. I really do have a date with my pillow and Netflix tonight."

"You're boring."

"I'm not boring, just tired. You think I slept the past four nights I was on that bus."

"Cole keep you up?"

"Yes Han, with five other people on the bus with us. You catch that sarcasm and eye roll through the phone?"

"Yeah don't think I'll be asking that one again."

"We were up talking most of the time because I couldn't sleep."

"Well Lila and I were going to go to a couple places in town tonight and you need to come with us."

"Why do I need to?"

"Because we need a girls night."

"You know I don't like those unless we're at the house."

"Yeah I do and I never understood why."

"Because I'm not outgoing like you two. I don't want to spend the night in some crowded place where I won't be able to hear anything. I'm not that type of person."

"And I'm back to saying you're boring. Come on, come out for a couple hours tonight."

"I'll think about it but for right now I have to get to the office. I'll talk to you later."

"I'm not taking no for answer."

"We'll see about that. Bye!" I hung up quickly and shot out the door once I saw what time it got to be.

I made it to the first meeting with only seconds to spare and I think it ruined the possibility of a deal. I was very scattered and I probably made it look like I wouldn't keep everything organized. By the second meeting, I made sure to have everything together so I hopefully make a deal. It was 2:30 when I became free for the day. I knew it was only 1:30 where Cole was and he wouldn't be busy at the moment so I called him.

"Hey baby." I smiled when I heard him pick up.

"Hi what are you up to?"

"I just got back on the bus. I took a run around the arena's parking lot. Your meetings over?"

"Yes and I think the second one went really well. Things are hopefully going to start being switched over within the next week."

"The first didn't go well?"

"No, I was late because Hannah had me talking on the phone and I didn't leave the house in time so they looked at me like I would end up complicating the process."

"That sucks but sounds like the second one was promising enough so you don't have to worry. What did Hannah want?"

"She wants me to go out with her and Lila tonight."

"Are you going to go?"

"I don't think so."

"Why not?"

"I'm tired and I want to hang out here for the night. Besides, you know me, I don't like going out like that unless it's with you. I always feel really out of place."

"I understand but maybe you should go out and try to have some fun?"

"I would have fun here watching Netflix and passing out. Honestly, I may sound like a 90 year old woman but I didn't sleep for four nights in a row and last night was even rough because I didn't get back here until midnight and I couldn't fall asleep right away. Maybe I'll see if they want to do it next Friday instead."

"I think you should go out tonight. Take it as a celebration because you're moving on from the business."

"I don't know if it's a 100% sure thing yet."

"I don't care. It sounds like a deal to me. Go celebrate, have fun."

"I don't know, Cole."

"I'm not telling you to go out but I really think you should. Try to step out of your comfort zone for a night. If you can't stand it then you can go home but you might end up having some fun. And I know if you put it off then you'll put it off again and you'll never go out."

"I know, you're right. You seem to be right about a lot of things lately."

"I can't help it either. It doesn't feel right, you're supposed to be the one that's always right."

"I am but it's okay if I'm not all the time."

"Just as long as you are in an argument?"

"Exactly what I was thinking." I laughed. "I'm glad we're on the same page here. I guess I'll go tonight. What have you and the guys been up to today?"

"Nothing really yet. You left and they don't have anyone to prank anymore."

"So it was only fun when y'all made fun of me?"

"Basically, yes."

"You can stop smiling like crazy now."

"I'm not smiling."

"Yes you are, I can tell. Don't you try lying to me."

"Okay, I've stopped but it was pretty hilarious. And I wish I was lying when I said I had to go but I'm not."

"Go kill it tonight, alright?"

"Alright I will. I love you."

"I love you too, talk you you later."

I hung up and drove home to get ready for the night. I texted Hannah and told her I would meet her and Lila where ever they wanted to go so that if I wanted to leave, I could. She texted back that she would be happy to just come get me but when I said no she was happy that I at least agreed to going out with them. I was going to try to have some fun tonight.

So this chapter sucks. At least that's what I think. I was having the hardest time writing it and it took longer than I thought it would have so I'm sorry about that but it's here now soo...

Spoiler for next chapter: The title will be Dangerous After Dark. I'll leave you to think about what that might mean...

Thanks for reading, votes, and comments :)