Chillin' It

I got my shades on, top back,
Rollin with the music jacked,
One on the wheel, one around you baby

Little sun left to burn in the blue sky,
Shinnin' of the cross
Hangin' from the mirror of my ride,
Breeze blowin' in, your hair blowin' round
You're scannin' through the stations
Lookin' for that country sound
The good stuffs iced up in the back seat,
Nowhere to go, nowhere to be

I got my shades on, top back,
Rollin' with the music jacked,
One on the wheel, one around you baby
Sunset, I bet there's a chance we can get
Sure enough tangled up, laid back and lazy
Pour it on easy now don't spill a bit
Nothin' but time tonight, let's get to killin' it
Long as I'm rockin' with you girl
You know I'm cool with just chillin' it

"Okay, that's what you've got. Try to keep going with it. Does it remind you of anything that you could possibly put into the second verse?" His eyes scanned over the paper again and again then reached to the cup of pens on the counter and began scribbling away. It only took him a couple of minutes before he handed the paper to me.

"This sound okay?" I read it, nodded and handed it back to him. He sang the rest of it:

Nothin' but two lane country on up ahead
Girl you so fine
I wouldn't mind if this is all we did
You got me high on kisses, you got me missin' signs
Hard lookin' left when my world is on my right

I got my shades on, top back,
Rollin' with the music jacked,
One on the wheel, one around you baby
Sunset, I bet there's a chance we can get
Sure enough tangled up, laid back and lazy
Pour it on easy now don't spill a bit
Nothin' but time tonight lets get to killin' it
Long as I'm rockin' with you girl
You know I'm cool with just chillin' it

Nothin' like a little you and me low key
Right now I'm right where I wanna be

I got my shades on, top back,
Rollin' with the music jacked,
One on the wheel, one around you baby
Sunset, I bet there's a chance we can get
Sure enough tangled up, laid back and lazy
Pour it on easy now don't spill a bit
Nothin' tonight but time lets get to killin' it
Long as I'm rockin' with you girl
You know I'm cool with just chillin' it

Yeah I love rockin' with you
When girl we're just chillin' it

"I love it Cole. What helped you spark the idea for the rest of it?"

"You asked me if it reminded me of anything and it did. You. So I just finished it with how you make me feel when we're together." I leaned over the counter and grabbed his hands.

"I love you." I kissed him and I felt him smile into it.

"I love you too." I jumped back because I knew what it meant now that he finished the song. "We're going to Nashville!" He just sat back and laughed at my excitement.

"You're optimistic about this."

"Yup, you've gotta be. That's how you'll make it!"

"And what else are you excited for?"

"A whole bunch of things. You know I've always wanted to go there and we could never afford to travel when I was a kid. Even though it was only 3 hours away."

"I'll be optimistic with you." He came over and wrapped his arms around my waist and looked down at me.

"How are you going to do that?"

"Imagine this, when I'm this big country music star and touring everywhere around the country, you'll be there with me. And whenever you want to visit some place new, all you have to do is tell me and we're there."

"Yeah?" I said quietly and bit my lip.

"Absolutely." I think he was expecting a kiss but I wrapped my arms around him instead. I pulled him closer for a tight hug and that's when my eyes started to water, once again. I tried to keep it hidden but it didn't work. He took my shoulders and pushed away so he could see my face. "Hey, why are you crying?"

"I'm just happy. This is really going to work and I can't be happier."

"I'm with you on that. I know its a messy situation and once it comes together, we're going to have this unexpected family. But, you know what? Its going to be awesome to have you by my side, wonderful to have a baby join that soon, and encouraging to look toward the future."

"Perfect way to put it." I paused for a few seconds. "Soo..."

"So what?"

"When are we going to start packing?" I was acting like a little kid but it felt really good to be this happy.

"I think you are overtired so let's get some sleep and we'll start tomorrow. Besides we're going to have to find a place before we get there."

"True. I don't know how Luke would feel about us crashing at his place."

"We'd have fun messing with him though. Maybe we should lie and say we need to for a night when we get there before we go to our place. That'd be fun."

"He'd be fed up with us within an hour of being there. Especially because we'd have Carter to help us out with the jokes." Cole laughed and shook his head because of how true it would actually be.

"We'd have to watch our backs after that though. Luke's the best at revenge pranks."

"Ooh yeah, maybe should just forget about it all together. We should probably get to bed now though. I think we're both a little over tired." He agreed and went to his room to lay down. I went into the bathroom and changed before going into his room as well. He acted surprised when I laid down next to him.

"Whatcha doing?"

"It'd be kinda weird for me to go sleep in my room now wouldn't it?"

"It would." He wrapped his arm around me and I placed my hand on his chest. "Goodnight."

"Night, Cole."

What do you think will happen when they get to Nashville? Is it going to be everything they dream of it being? What are you thoughts on the baby?

Thanks for all the comments and votes on the last chapter! That's why I wanted to get this chapter up :)