Shuttin' It Down

Cole's POV

"You do, don't you? That's why you didn't defend yourself and you're walking away. I don't give a damn, walk away. See if I care!" I yelled after Bridgette. I watched her walk out of the parking lot and down the street until she was out of sight. Of course I still cared but I couldn't deal with it right now.

It was immature, I know, but I stormed back into everyone's view like a little kid who didn't get his way with something. Luke came up to me but he was the last one I wanted to talk to. He started talking anyway.

"What happened? I heard yelling from over here. Both of you and that's not like Bridge. Where is she?"

"You're so worried about her, go find her. I'm sure she'd love that."

"What are you talking about?"

"She wants to tell you problems that she should've come to me about, then I'm sure she would love to talk to you about this too. Either way, I know I don't want to talk to you right now."

"Why was this such a big deal, Cole?" I walked away. I didn't need this conversation anymore. Someone had called my name anyway.

Luke's POV

I agree that Bridgette should've told Cole but I had no idea why he was making it into such a huge thing. I let him walk away because I knew that he wasn't going to talk even if I pushed him to. He'd always been that way. At least to me anyway.

I went back to where Caroline was sitting and sat down. "Hey what's up babe?"

"Cole's just mad right now. You know how I told you I let Bridgette borrow some money?"

"Yeah, Cole found out didn't he?"

"Yup and he's all heated about it. I'm not sure why. I can understand that he's upset Bridge didn't go to him but its done now."

"You tried talking to him?"

"Didn't help. He was pissed off that she had come to me and said he didn't want to talk to me." I took a sip of my beer and she stood up. "Where ya going?"

"Somewhere. I'll be right back, I promise." She winked before walking away.

"You better be right back after that." I took another sip of the beer and shook my head at her.

I saw Carter come toward me a minute after she left. "Where'd Cole go? I was talking to him and next thing I know he was gone."

"I'm not sure. He walked over that way after telling me he didn't want to talk to me."

"Why did he say that?"

"He and Bridgette had a fight and long story short, I was involved so now he probably doesn't even want to look at me right now."

"Why would you be involved?"

"I let Bridge borrow money, she didn't tell him then gave me back the money and he found out. I thought she should've told him but she didn't want to. I still didn't see them getting into a fight because of it."

"Is that why she wasn't here?"

"No, she was here but after their fight, she left. I was sitting over here and heard them down at the street."

"Even Bridgette?"

"Just as surprised as me I see."

"She went home then?"

"I would assume so."

"Oh okay. I'll be back over soon."

"Sure why doesn't everyone just leave me." He looked back confused at the joke so I waved my hand forward as to say nevermind.