10

I furiously looked for a plain paper. I needed to draw or write what was on my mind. I needed to let it out somehow! My studio apartment was so small and empty. How can there not be a single paper? With a groan, I sat with my back against the bed, staring at the plain wall. With the corner of my eyes, I can see the flames of the two candles dancing around, their stand casting a shadow beneath them. Right next to it there was a collection of markers and pens which were there since the day I moved in.

I focused on the various pencils that were scattered around. I took a hold of a charcoal pencil and inspected it. That's when a thought crossed my mind.

I scrawled towards the wall in front of me and put my left palm against it, feeling how cold and smooth it was. Why would I need papers when I had four plain walls surrounding me?

I wrote Hyeong's name first thing and was pleased by how the black charcoal melted onto the wall. Even though my frame was blocking the light, I could still see the writings clearly. Perfect.

I drew a scene that was to be forever engraved in my memory. Maybe if I drew it out, I might forget it. With that thought, the memory flashed back, making me zone out of reality completely.

With heavy footsteps, I made my towards Appa's room. The door was opened, and there, with his hands against the wall, stood Sungjae-hyeong.

Noticing my presence, he turned his head towards me.

"What didn't I tell you?" He asked, his voice calm and deadly. "I told you that I wouldn't be able... I knew this was going to happen. I- this- I- it's all my fault."

There was something in his eyes that day that scared me. He wasn't himself. Hyeong was alive, but his soul died.

Not only did I lose my dad, but I also lost my brother. Because after that night, he became a completely different person.

~▪~▪~▪~

a/n: How's the story going? Any thoughts?

Sungjae: