ELEVEN

[ xi

[ xi. CHAPTER ELEVEN ]

"Hey guys. It's Piper Shaw, with a special Halloween podcast of Autopsy of a Crime. So, in looking for a connection between the Lakewood murders past and present, I had to wonder about Brandon's mask. Turns out, it disappeared from county evidence last year, but was never reported. If I were Sheriff Hudson, I'd be looking into the chief's suspects whereabouts around the time the mask went missing. But even then, what's Seth Branson's or rather Seth Palmer's connection to Brandon James? Why become the monster behind the mask?"

Alex turns off the podcast and starts playing some Tory Lanez while singing a long to one of his songs.

Shawty I want, shawty I want
Whatever you want, whatever you want
Shawty I want, shawty I want
Whatever you want, whatever you want

It was Halloween, and Alex was a bit excited for her favourite holiday, she curled her hair and made herself look like Katherine Pierce in 1864 while Jake was going to be Stefan Salvatore in 1864 also. Based off of their once favourite show The Vampire Diaries, but they pair both stopped watching it after a couple of seasons went by. Hearing a couple of honks, Alex refills Salem's bowl of food and water and grabbed her bag.

She locked the door behind her and saw Emma waiting for her.

"I'm just glad you're okay Alex. You must've been terrified." Emma mentions as she drove Alex to Jake's house, Alex gulps looking out the window. "I was. I can't believe Michael could do any of those things, I know he's a lot of things but -" Alex was cut off by Emma.

"He's not who we thought he was, he's a completely different person." Emma tries to convince Alex. "That doesn't make everything about him a lie, in the beginning me and Michael. It was great..." the brunette whispers, with a sigh.

"I wouldn't be so sure. Why didn't you tell me?" Emma questions as she quickly glances over at her friend. "It was kind of a spur in the moment kind of thing, I just wanted to forget everything for a while. I didn't want you to judge me either so." she answers, with a slight frown.

"I am not judging you, after everything we've been through, I just want to make sure that you're actually seeing this clearly." Emma advises, as Alex scoffs. "After Will, I feel like you just need someone to be held accountable."

"I do, this isn't about me. This is about all of us." Emma tells Alex, as she sighs. "Why do I feel so alone?" Alex whispers to herself.

"Alex, you're not." Emma stated, and Alex gave her a look. "My dad is in prison, my mom is a messed up femme fatale. My toxic ex is being held for murder, and I have to live with Jake." she explains.

"What is up with you two anyways? You can't say you don't like him because I know you do." Emma asks, eyeing the brunette. Alex huffs not knowing how to answer the questions, she glances at Emma. "Jake... it's just I'm unsure about my feelings, I do feel something for him. But with Lakewood nothing good ever lasts." she replies.