When Your Legs Dont Work

Frankly, Jongin's uncomfortable. His suit is too small, left over from some high school function – probably prom, he thinks, half annoyed he can't remember – and he's had this shirt for a solid six months now and hasn't ever noticed how damn itchy it was. He tugs at his sleeves, grumbling to himself. Curse Luhan and his wedding.

    It's not even a wedding, really, Jongin thinks as he continues to grumble to himself. Minseok and Luhan have been together for years. Everyone knows that they're pretty much married, even if they can't officially make it happen.

    "Jongin!" Luhan's voice rings out loud and clear above the quiet din of the party guests, and Jongin waves, wincing when he practically feels the stitches of his sleeve pop. "Wow. Where'd you get that suit, from a time machine?"

    "It's grey. It's plain. It isn't too horribly out of fashion. You can't insult me." Jongin says, rolling his eyes a little.

    "You're Jongin. You technically work for me. I'm allowed to make fun of you." Luhan grins. Jongin sighs softly and runs his hand through his hair.

    "Whatever. How's Minseok?"

    "Fantastic." He smiled. "He's right over there." Luhan points. "Talking to some of his friends from work. Do you want to dance?" He asks.

    "Eh." Jongin shrugs. "I'm not really feeling that up to it tonight." Luhan frowns.

    "You aren't still stuck up on Zitao, are you?" Jongin frowns.

    "Hey. I've never been stuck up on Zitao." Luhan crosses his arms.

    "Yes, you were. A lot, actually." He pauses, expression softening a bit. "You know what? Minseok invited a few of his friends that I've never met. I heard that a couple of them are kind of hot. And you know Minseok doesn't deal with anyone who isn't insanely nice. Why don't we get  one of them to dance with you?" Jongin frowns a little deeper, crossing his arms to mirror Luhan's, taking a defensive stance.

    "Luhan." He starts.

    "Come on, please? It's half pathetic to see you in the corner like this. It's so nice here. Someone would love to dance with you. You're hot."

    "Luhan." Jongin repeats, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I'm not stuck up on Zitao, but I don't really feel like dancing, okay?"

    "You work at a dance studio. My dance studio. How can you not feel like dancing?"

    "I just don't feel like it." Jongin mumbles. Luhan huffs and throws his hands in the air.

    "We only had it at this ballroom because we figured there would be dancing. Why won't you be part of it?"

    "You two got this ballroom because it's gorgeous, in the mountains, and you like these crazy beautiful things." Luhan chuckles softly.

    "Yeah, yeah, you're right. We love it here." He said. "The view is amazing, right?"

    "The leaves are pretty." Jongin agrees, looking out the large windows that overlooked the mountain.

    "Yeah. I'm glad we're getting married in October. It's beautiful outside."

"Mm." Jongin gives a noncommittal noise he hopes Luhan will take as approval. Luhan cocks his head slightly.

    "Hey. See that guy sitting by the window? I think he's Minseok's friend. Let me think..." Luhan purses his lips. "Oh, Kyungsoo. His name was Kyungsoo." Jongin glances at the figure, who's half silhouetted in the sunset.

    "You're only pointing him out because he's by himself and not currently dancing."

    "No, Minseok said he was super nice. He works at like a café or something."