Take Your Heart (and add it to mine)

Author: starsthatlast

it always happens on rainy days.

granted, ignoring the weatherman's advice on tv and leaving his umbrella by his shoe rack at home wasn't the smartest thing to do, jongin would admit.

the rain is cruel, relentless, pounding incessantly over the veranda and dampening all merry spirits of the streets on a supposedly cheerful summer morning. as time passes, it only seems to fall harder and faster from the sky, a contradiction to the disappearing hopes in jongin's heart that the rain would stop soon so that he can sprint all the way to the dance studio.

crap, he thinks, he's supposed to be rehearsing that final swan lake scene with krystal for their upcoming recital now. odette cannot live without siegfried's love, and jongin suspects that yixing is sick of having to stand in for him after many times of him showing up late.

(but jongin is awesome like that, that's why he gets to keep his role as lead male dancer. he 'simply oozes passion and stage charisma enough to let someone have sex with themselves right there and then' as quoted by heechul.)

suddenly, his phone buzzes. bzzt, bzzt, bzzt, it goes. he takes one look at the caller id and immediately groans.

rainy days are so not kim jongin's days.

"yixing hyung I-"

"YAH, KIM JONGIN, GET YOUR SISSY BALLERINA ASS RIGHT HERE THIS INSTANT OR ELSE I WILL-"

"dude it's raining and I forgot my fucking umbrella-"

"I DON'T GIVE A SHIT. IF HEECHUL CHANGES THE SCRIPT ONE MORE TIME ON A WHIM I SWEAR ON MY GRANDMA'S GRAVE I WILL FUCKING CASTRATE YOU AND END YOU YOU HEAR ME DO NOT TEST ME-"

"I'M ON MY WAY FINE HOLD YOUR BALLS FOR A SECOND GEEZ."

he contemplates scuttling to the studio five blocks down the street in the pouring rain, but he's been feeling a bit weird in his tummy lately so it's best to not risk it.

there is absolutely no one on the street. it's empty, jongin is the only human being present contributing his fair share of carbon dioxide to green plants for photosynthesis.

all traces of life have been eliminated, he has never felt any more alone before.

but then, hope! like all good movies, salvation arrives at the very end in times of desperation and great need. with his eyes sharp as a hawk's kim jongin spots a moving object that suspiciously resembles a walking human figure with a yellow umbrella five feet away and jumps into action immediately.

"excuse me!!" he yells, his voice rising octaves higher than usual in a pathetic attempt to beat the rain drumming against the pavement, "stop!"

yellow umbrella-ssi continues to trudge against the gravel, ignoring jongin's existence altogether. but jongin is persistent, much like siegfried, he has a penchant for being stubborn and pursuing his desires until he obtains them exactly the way he wants to.

screw constant velocity, the dancer accelerates with alarming speed until he slams right into yellow umbrella-ssi and knocks them both onto the wet gravel of the pavement.

oof!

"oh my god i'm so sorry are you okay you can get up by yourself right you're a big boy please lemme borrow your umbrella i'll return it to you someday i swear okay gotta go bye thank you GOD WILL BLESS YOU AND SAVE YOU A PLACE IN HEAVEN!!!!"

while jongin dashes off into a non-existent orange sunset, yellow umbrella-ssi is left sitting in a puddle of mud (and confusion) on the sidewalk, eyes wide open as he soaks in everything that has happened a few seconds ago.