Chapter Thirty

• Friday, February 14
• Lucas Coly P.O.V

Man I love this girl so much I can't explain it. I don't know how to tell her though, I'll just keep it to myself until it's the right time. I adore her and I don't know what I'd do without her. She's the only one who stayed by my side and from the first time I saw her I knew she was special. Today's Valentine's day and I really want to make this day very very special. Of course I still have school and I'm on my way right now.
---
I got to school and walked in. Taylor was talking to Leilani and opening her locker. I stood from a distance and smiled at her. She opened it and before I left school yesterday I put a bunch of roses in her locker. She gasped and pulled them out smelling them. I started walking towards her and she jumped on me and gave me a hug. 

"Thank you. You are so sweet." Taylor said. 

"You deserve it baby." I told her. 

"Y'all are so cute. Must be nice." Leilani said and I laughed. 

"So.. after school get ready because we're going out tonight." I told Taylor and she nodded.

"Where?" She asked. 

"It's a surprise beautiful." I told her and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Please? I wanna know." Taylor whined and pouted. I laughed and gave her a smile.

"Nah, babe. Just wait." I told her and she sighed.

"Alright fine." She said and pouted.

I smiled and kissed her lips softly. The bell rung and we made our way to class.
--
LATER THAT DAY
Taylor P.O.V

So Lucas is taking me out tonight. It's Valentine's Day and the only people I usually spend it with are my parents, Lani, and Devon. Sure they are special to me but I've never experienced it with anybody like this.

I was home right now and it was about 8:30.

I put on my low cut dress and fixed my hair a little

I put on my low cut dress and fixed my hair a little. There was a knock on my door and my father's voice on the other side.

"Honey?" He said.

"Come in." I said. My father walked in with a smile on my face. I smiled back and turned towards him. "Uhh dad?" I asked looking at him staring at me.

"Sorry sweetheart. Your just beautiful and I don't want to see you get hurt." My dad said.

I laughed a little. "Aww old man. I promise he's good for me. And if he's not.. well I'm sure you won't hesitate to do something." I said.

He laughed and played in my hair. I backed up and made a face at him. "Come on now." I said.

"My bad." He said. "You need a jacket or sweater or something. You showing to much." He said pointing at my chest.

"That's going to ruin the outfit old man. I'll be fine." I told him and my mom appeared in the doorway. We both turned to her.

"He's here sweety." My mom said and my dad looked at me.

"Okay. I'm ready." I said and grabbed my phone and wallet.

We all walked downstairs and Lucas lit up when he saw me. I smiled and he smiled back before taking my hand walking me down the rest of the stairs. We hugged and he kissed my cheek.

"Hi, Mr. Johnson." Lucas said to my dad. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Hello Lucas." My dad said with a smile.

Lucas looked relieved when my dad said something. But who wouldn't. Everyone knows a father is always going to be protective over his daughter. Especially if it's his only daughter.

"Ready to go?" Lucas asked me. "Yeah." I said and nodded.

"Have a good night you two." My mom said and winked at us. I gave a look and she laughed.
--
DINNER TIME

"You look beautiful baby girl." Lucas said and kissed me.

"And you look handsome babe." I said as I sat down and he pushed my chair in for me then sat down.

Our waiter came and we ordered our drinks. "Gosh you don't know how nervous I am." Lucas said and smiled rubbing his hands together.

"Aww I make Lucas nervous." I said in a baby voice. "It's fine though babe, I'm nervous too." I said.

"I mean but who would have knew that you'd be the girl for me. Or get together for that matter. I'm glad I started going to that school." Lucas said. I smiled like I have been all night.

"Yeah aside from the drama, it's been fun with you. You make me feel important and this is especially 'cause I've only spent this holiday with my parents and best friends." I told him and his eyes got wide.

"Wow so that means I really have to make this special huh?" He asked and chuckled.

"We'll see what you have planned." I told him as our drinks and appetizer came.

"Thank you." We both said.

We talked about any and everything. Except I felt he was holding something back. After a while our food came and we ate.

"Why so quiet all of a sudden?" I asked him. "No reason beautiful, I'm fine." He said.

I nodded as we both finished our food in what seemed like silence. I didn't like the silence. The check came and Lucas paid and we sat there when he grabbed my hands.

"I'm sorry for being quiet all of a sudden baby. I just been thinking about everything we've been through these 6 months and it's crazy because it seems longer. I'm glad I met you because you've been nothing but real and down for me. I know I made a mistake but because we're so strong we got past it and I'm glad we did. And for that I-I...." Lucas said trailing off then took a deep breath.

"I love you." He said looking in my eyes. I smiled, "Awe baby I love you too." I told him and grabbed his face kissing him.

That's what he was nervous about but I've been waiting on this moment and it finally came. I could tell we both couldn't be any happier.